An Award!

I got my first ever award yesterday from Dawn at By Sun and Candlelight. Thank you Dawn! I love the creative aspects of blogging. I like playing with photographs and words and documenting our lives. I also enjoy the social aspects of blogging and this award is part of that!

So, now I am to list six things that make me happy and send this award to six bloggers.

1) Keeping a monthly "day in my life" journal has been a joy. Logging my day has made me stop and notice. It constantly reminds me that the dailiness of life is as important and special as the "big moments" in life.

2) Family rambles. Sometimes we pack the car with snacks, a book on tape for the girls, and the gazetteer and just go. We never know where the day will take us (although it usually involves a bookstore in a tiny mountain town).


3) Snow days. Snow days are like little gifts dropped into the week. I love spending the day cooking, crafting, and sledding with the girls. I am particularly grateful when there is a snow day right before Christmas!


4. Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love being with my family and spending the day doing nothing but cooking, crafting, and visiting over a puzzle by the fire. My nephew made this little house for the Thanksgiving table last year. I love it!

5. Being on top of the world. Nels will raise his eyebrows a bit at this because we don't get out climbing very often, but when we do I realize it makes me incredibly happy. In fact, I think we need to go out this weekend!

6) Reconnecting with old friends. This year I have had the completely unexpected experience of connecting with FOUR old friends. It has made me so very happy.

Now to pass this award on to six bloggers.

1) to Jenny at Little Jenny Wren because her posts constantly remind me of how special each moment of an ordinary day can be. She began the "day in a life" project.

2) to Margaret at Resurrection Fern. She is re-inspiring me with her beautiful crafting.

3) to Denise at Mom in Madison. A Mama who creatively grows a lot of food in a small yard and inspires me with her art projects.

4) to Heather at Beauty that Moves whose clothing currently matches her curtains :). I've enjoyed watching Heather so carefully and thoughtfully live her life.

5) to Suse at Pea Soup for keeping me laughing while crafting.

6) to Anneke at Verwonderland because I love her nature tables and the incredible projects she undertook with children this past summer.

Cadi  – (October 17, 2008 at 11:36 AM)  

Congratulations! What an awesome thing! :-)

denise  – (October 17, 2008 at 11:46 AM)  

Congrats! And thanks for thinking of me...

I love your list.

dawn klinge  – (October 17, 2008 at 1:18 PM)  

You are very deserving of this award. I enjoyed reading about the things that make you happy. Thanks for the links to the great blogs...most of them I already enjoy reading, and the others...I'll go check them out.

* *  – (October 17, 2008 at 9:10 PM)  

What a delightful post, I really enjoyed reading this! Congratulations on your award, you are very creative and inspiring! Your days with your family look so cozy and connected with each other! Off to check out your links to some new blogs! : )

Garden State Kate  – (October 18, 2008 at 3:28 PM)  

Congrats! Very deserving.
Thank you for the W.A.S.P. link
as well. She steams me!

Jenny  – (October 18, 2008 at 4:01 PM)  

Beautiful post Sarah and thank you.

Jessica  – (October 19, 2008 at 11:34 AM)  

Congrats on the award! I love so many of the same things as you (esp. snow days!). Have a great weekend!

Anonymous –   – (October 21, 2008 at 8:03 PM)  

yeah! thank you sarah, so nice of you. and that badge is a pretty little thing isn't it?

i love the things making you happy... it's so good to read things like that.
heather
beautythatmoves

Suse  – (October 21, 2008 at 10:16 PM)  

Thank you Sarah, I am honoured.

ps. did you get my other comments on your reading list post? I have some enid blytons for you - can you email me!?

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP