Christmas Eve Gifts

We have a lot of special traditions on Christmas Eve--they range from delivering treats to our neighbors by tractor dressed as elves, to going out in the dark with lanterns to feed the wild animals, to giving each other our handmade gifts. We do a handmade gift exchange on Christmas Eve so that they are separate from all the other gifts and appreciated just a bit more. Here are photos of things of things N has made. Here is what I have made him in the past. Here and Here are things I've made the girls.

H and I had a quiet afternoon sewing while E was at a friend's house. I made this apron for E. In the pocket are recipe cards for "her" scrambled eggs, my chocolate chip cookies, her Grandmother's family birthday cake, her Great Grandmother's rolls, and her Great Great Grandmothers brown sugar squares. I became inspired while writing out the recipes. I want to now make her a notebook or recipe book which we can add too. We'll see if I have time. I think she'll like this as E loves to cook.

H made her sister this purse. I must say, I'm impressed. She designed it and sewed it herself.

dawn klinge  – (December 14, 2007 at 10:15 AM)  

Your family is very blessed to have such love and talent put into their presents. We divide up our gift opening between Christmas and Christmas Eve also to try and help the kids appreciate things more (and because they get so many presents from one Grandma that I'm embarrassed to have them open them in front of the rest of our extended family- it's too much.)

Anonymous –   – (December 14, 2007 at 12:45 PM)  

Can We come over and celebrate christmas with you ?!!
I love your traditions.
The gift making also brings so much fun.

Jennifer  – (December 14, 2007 at 4:00 PM)  

What a grand idea! I love gathering old recipes (ours and others) and having a special book for a kitchen loving child is such a wonderful way to honor those past and present who inspire us with their food. And I have to ask - are you sharing the great-great's recipe? Yummy sounding!

Tara  – (December 16, 2007 at 12:22 PM)  

What a talented crew you have over there!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP