Handmade Christmas

I can't believe I'm talking about Christmas in September, but yesterday I began a Christmas project for N and it put me in the mood to start thinking about it. We have a cherished family tradition of giving each other a handmade gift. We open these gifts on Christmas Eve as a way to appreciate the gifts and our hard work separately from all the other gifts on Christmas Day. I thought I'd share some of the things that N has made over the years. Last year he made the girls this music stand which they use just about every day.











Other gifts for the girls include this little fairy house modeled after one in Magic Cabin and these little dog houses that now live in the attic, but come down for Christmas. He's also knitted them scarves, but they are packed away right now!



Last year he made me this meditation bench, but my absolute FAVORITE gift that he makes me every year is a photograph album with all the best photos of the year.



Anonymous –   – (September 11, 2007 at 3:28 PM)  

Sarah ~ it is *so* not too early to start thinking about Christmas gifts!!! I need to get cracking myself. I am so low on ideas this year. Sigh.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP