Handmade Christmas

This is my last "Handmade Christmas" post about Christmas past. I made this needle felted wizard for H a couple of years ago when she was heavily into all things wizard. One evening, N and I were watching a movie on a laptop while I was needle felting this. Suddenly we heard H come downstairs. I quickly threw a blanket over my lap and then N dropped the laptop on top of the blanket. Just as H entered the room, the needles burrowed into my thigh. N hustled her away while I just sucked in the pain!

I've made other things for the girls--fabric covered bulletin boards, wand and potion bags out of gold satin and velvet, bathrobes, etc.

This year, however, I'm feeling a little stumped. I may make them each one of these. However, our entire family is about to enter into a huge knitting production (which I'll post about soon), so I'm not sure I want to knit for the girls as well. There are only so many evenings before Christmas!

Anonymous –   – (November 3, 2007 at 10:30 AM)  

I love the wizard Sarah - you're certainly a dab hand at needle felting. Guess what I want to make those Hottinger gnomes too. I've been coveting them for ages (do you have the pattern?).

Maymomvt  – (November 3, 2007 at 10:59 AM)  

I do have the pattern. I'll send you a copy.

Sue  – (November 3, 2007 at 9:49 PM)  

What a wonderful Wizard--you are very talented, Sarah. I loved the story about how you and N kept the wizard a secret...the things we do for love!

I can't wait to hear more about upcoming huge family knitting project.

Anonymous –   – (November 6, 2007 at 8:42 AM)  

What a lovely wizard.
Needle felting is so much fun !

the hottinger gnomes are so special to knit, I hope you do find the time to make them.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP