Summer Vacation Days with Family

Vacation found us all together in a Maine cabin by the sea.
We had some rainy days and the girls did a lot of baking...


...and knitting.


Hats were the pattern this year.
Here is the first hat off the needles.
They are a bit more useful than the many, many gnomes they knit one year.


 

This hat wasn't such a success.


We always love to find a good bookstore and coffee shop.


Puzzles are a must.


We also spent time on the water.






Many, many thanks to our dear friends who loan us their cabin every year.


 The final hat was completed in the car on the way home.



We stopped to visit my brother and his family.
The girls just had to have this photo!


Well...I promised this wouldn't go on Facebook, but never mentioned the blog.
My brother, gentleman farmer.


It has been quite awhile since we have all had time to just hang out.
It was wonderful.


Before heading home, we took my father out to the Isles of Shoals for a 70th birthday celebration.
What a fun day!



My brothers, my parents, and me!


My brothers got my father a birthday treat. It was 5:00 somewhere in the world.
Definitely not on the boat...


It was a lovely week by the sea with family.
Just what we needed.




Anonymous –   – (August 10, 2014 at 11:29 AM)  

So lovely! May we all take a trip to the Isle of Shoals on our 70th! With all of our children in tow.

Quiltin' Mama  – (August 13, 2014 at 10:39 AM)  

Looks like a very lovely time. Your choices - projects, baking, bookstore, Puzzels etc... reflect our family times away as well, depending on where we are. Often we are in search of the best local pizza . . .or my husband and one son- the best cuppa of java . . me I am a Tea girl through and through. And a good yarn or Quilt shop will do!
Happy last legs of summer. Packing up my 2 college bound this week- move out is next week . . . .Cheers!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP