Final days before college

Helen has a bucket list of things she wants to do before leaving for college. They included going out to a movie with her Dad, eating at her two favorite restaurants, and getting in some mountain time. Last weekend fulfilled one item on her list...






Lots to think about before leaving.


It is now down to the final couple of days. We're packing and packing.
I sewed her a new sleepsack/blanket for her bed. I found in my sewing basket a scrap of the trim I had put on the blanket I sewed her for first grade naptime. 


She has been baking away her anxiety. 
She has baked something every single day ...and sometimes at night.


This is what I smelled at 1 a.m. and found when I got up this morning.
I'm taking them to my interns at work.  We are all tired of cookies.


The mountains, some crafting, a lot of baking...not bad ways to keep busy before such a big moment.


Anonymous –   – (August 14, 2014 at 11:10 AM)  

Thinking of you through this transition. Though it's a few years away for me, I'd love to hear of anything that's helped you cope with the letting go. All good wishes to Helen on the adventure ahead! --Nancy nancywalters44@hotmail.com

Anonymous –   – (August 15, 2014 at 8:30 AM)  

What an exciting new step for her... but my heart feels for you as well - we always desire our children's success and hope they will grow to be independent and strong - but there is always an inner selfish part of our heart that wishes they would be with us and need us always. I hope she loves college, and everyone's transition is smooth!

Quiltin' Mama  – (August 16, 2014 at 8:59 PM)  

Ahh - right there with you . .. drop off one on 18th and the second- Jr. Transfer first time away on the 22nd - gonna be a tough week. I find joy in knowing that they are ready. Working away on Quilt for the one on the 18th. Hoping they all - including yours have positive life changing experiences- meet good people that may become lifelong friends and that they can find their passion and make it grow and flourish. Seems more anxiety than when my husband and I left oh so many years ago. All will be well.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP