A Trio of Awards

Just when I start to wonder if people are reading my blog, the blog world responds. Over the past couple of months, I've "met" some new readers and have received some awards.

Renee, at Heirloom Seasons, has passed on the Kreative Blogger award.


Lisa, at Over the Crescent Moon, has passed on the Honest Scrap award, and


Narsingh, at Teaching Handwork, has passed on the Gorgeous Blogger award
In these awards I am to list some things about myself that my readers might not know and then to pass on the awards.

I'm going to pass these awards on to 2 bloggers whom I have recently met and 1 blogger who continues to inspire me (although there are many out there).

Probably the most exciting recent "blog moment" for me was stumbling into Catherine at In the Pantry. We discovered many connections from our mutual love of libraries, history, and historic houses, to the fact that we once lived in the same town, to the fact that she had once worked for my parents. So, to Catherine goes the Honest Scrap Award.

I have also been enjoying Nicole's blog at GardenMama. Nicole lives not too far away and I keep thinking our paths may cross one day. I do know that we were within about 50 feet of each other once! Nicole's photos continue to just stun me. I pass the Gorgeous Blog Award on to Nicole.

And finally, I pass the Kreative Blog award on to Grace at Uncommon Grace. Grace's blog is one of my great inspirations. As I think about what it means to be a Waldorf family with older children, her beautiful family life inspires me and reminds me of what I want to keep as my children enter adolescence.

Finally, a few things you might not know about me....

  • I once skydived (and will never do it again).
  • I am a complete Virgo neatnik person who likes everything tidy and overly organized.
  • I adore the library and go more than once a week to more than one. I should have been a librarian.
  • I almost got my PhD in history. Passed my exams, but a new family life and an ill child got in the way of completing. No regrets.
  • I really, really love history thanks to a Mother and Father who steeped me in old New England traditions and story from the time I was very young.
  • Every now and then I need an oreo.

dawn klinge  – (November 5, 2009 at 2:16 PM)  

That was fun to read those things about you. I need an Oreo once in awhile to, and I'm crazy about libraries!

sarah  – (November 5, 2009 at 3:23 PM)  

Doesn't everyone need an oreo now and then? :-)

These were interesting things to learn about you. But I don't remember ever reading Lou's story and it had me transfixed, my stomach coiling, horrified for you - so overjoyed for you. Wow. What an experience. I can only imagine how the emotional residue must stay with you all still. Thank God she is okay now.

Nicole  – (November 5, 2009 at 10:51 PM)  

It is lovely to learn a bit more about you!
I am honored that you thought to include me, yes someday we will actually meet : ) I always enjoy reading your wise words on Waldorf inspired family life and seeing what beautiful adventure your family is up to next!

renee ~ heirloom seasons  – (November 6, 2009 at 12:50 AM)  

Oh my goodness, I just read Lou's story! I cannot imagine... Amazing, so glad it had a happy ending. And what a cute little one she was!

I am not a Virgo but I really need things tidy and organized also. Maybe that's a Capricorn thing too...

Catherine  – (November 15, 2009 at 9:35 AM)  

Hi Sarah, thanks so much! My first blog award.

It is great to "meet" and connect with you this way. You are living the life I always wanted to lead with my family but we had glimmers of it when they each had a few years at a Waldorf preschool in New Hampshire.

As for Oreos, I can never have just one (that's the problem in a nutshell!). Also, the older I get the more I realize that it's really about our children more than it is about our degrees or careers. [I haven't really "used" my master's since before my son Henry was born...]

I'm glad to have found your blog, too. Thank you!

Catherine

Catherine  – (November 15, 2009 at 9:36 AM)  

PS I wish I had some of your Virgo traits of neatness! I am a Scorpio pack rat whose perfectionism often keeps me in the way of even TRYING to be neat...

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP