What matters

We're settling back into home after our vacation--trying hard to not dive deeply back into work, but to take time with the girls. It has been a summer of too much work. This became clear as we sat together to craft on Sunday. They were so happy to have us *present* with them rather than off in our computer worlds.



The little man was inspired by our time at the seashore in Florida--we tried to figure out how to attach the shells to his cloak, but nothing looked right.






And this fellow came from the colors of Acadia. His cloak is covered with swirls of blue. We were into wild hair on Sunday!









While I'm not sure if I really like these little guys, it almost doesn't matter. The act of making them was what mattered. We sat together (in 90 degree heat) and worked the wool, chatted, and slowly together these forms emerged. I'll treasure them just for the reminder that what our girls need most is our active presence.

Tammy  – (August 17, 2009 at 9:10 PM)  

Oh yes, just to BE with the girls is worth it, isn't it?

And I do think your creations are darling. ;)

ellen  – (August 17, 2009 at 11:35 PM)  

It is lovely to spend time with loved ones...no matter what you create or do.
Best..e.

sarah  – (August 17, 2009 at 11:44 PM)  

Those two lovely creations are wonderful! Oh and the fleece people are great too ;-)

Angela  – (August 18, 2009 at 6:37 AM)  

That is the key to a happy family. Staying connected does take more effort when there are so many distractions, but the rewards are so beneficial to everyone involved! I love the wee wool folks...makes me think of King Neptune!

Teaching Handwork  – (August 19, 2009 at 9:20 AM)  

Hi Sarah
the needle really are wonderful! I have an account for my Spam mail. So I don't know if I have more than usual. When I order things I always have it go to this "spam" designated hotmail account.
Tatting sounds interesting. is it knotting? Show pics please

Teaching Handwork  – (August 19, 2009 at 9:22 AM)  

Knitting Needles...I forgot the S :)

They actually seem just like the ones that you get at any Jo ann fabrics or Michaelmas for $10-8

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP