Tatting

Tatting has become an obsession at our house. After being completely stumped by a tatting shuttle, I picked up this needle tatting book. I finally figured out what I had once learned in 6th grade.


The girls then tried it and have barely stopped ever since. While I really had no idea what to do with the tatting once I made it, they had no such problems.


They are making wishing stone/good luck necklaces. After making 2 or 3 round, lacy bits of tatting, they are placing stones inside.

We are off to our family's lake house where there are lots of big stones. I look forward to the creativity expanding.

Tammy  – (August 21, 2009 at 8:43 AM)  

My grandma used to tat. I wish I'd asked her to show me how to do it before she passed away. Tatting is a dying art...I'm so glad to hear of someone learning how to do it! It looks very complicated but very pretty...

Lisa Anne  – (August 21, 2009 at 2:10 PM)  

Awesome, I wouldn't even know where to begin with tatting. Just one more thing to add to the list to learn how to do. Ask the girls if they would want to do a swap of some sort, a necklace for a ? (goat:) Have fun at the lake house!

Unknown  – (August 21, 2009 at 10:36 PM)  

Very cool! I love seeing a post about younger gals tatting! I think it's fabulous! I was 14 when I learned to shuttle tat! I had been pestering my Mom to learn it since I was 3 years old, LOL!

~TattingChic ♥

Anonymous –   – (August 22, 2009 at 12:03 AM)  

You are always inspiring me. Someday I will try it with Cate. Right now we are both learning to play the piano. That should fill our time fir a while. ;)

Ilse  – (August 24, 2009 at 4:29 PM)  

How wonderful. I've never heard of tatting before. i love the idea of the wish stones.

Happy holiday time in your lake house.

ilse  – (August 24, 2009 at 4:36 PM)  

I just looked it up "tatting'. oh yes now I know what it is, but by seeing your pictures I didn't know. Its a fine art, we have wonderful art pieces here in belgium and lots of museums. a friend of mine is doing a course for it and she makes wonderful things with it, she has a blog, you should have a look at it.
http://mariecusbruyn.web-log.nl/mijn_weblog/

xoxox
Ilse

gardenmama  – (August 26, 2009 at 9:50 PM)  

I have never heard of tatting, the necklaces are beautiful! I look forward to looking up and learning more on this beautiful art! Enjoy your time away : )

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP