On the Edge




We just got back from a week in Acadia. We hiked, biked, kayaked, and took in the beauty of the park.

This summer, for some reason, I was much more of a nervous nellie with the girls. I had a terrible time watching as the girls disappeared over the edges of cliffs and mountains.





Hels, of course, picked right up on this. She took pride in getting as far away from me and as close to the edge as possible. Here she is up at Bubble Rock.

And here she is down by the edge of the water.

Here she is with about 700 feet of thin air behind her. I tried very hard to let her get to the edge, let her go and smile as she looked back, partly to see how nervous she was making me and partly to see if I was still there.

Sometimes vacations can be growing and turning points. I feel that way with Hels as she prepares to enter her last year at Waldorf School.

Tammy  – (August 15, 2009 at 6:27 PM)  

Oh my! lol

We had a bit of the same thing this summer when we went to CA and AZ, especially at the Grand Canyon. The girls have hit that point where I have to trust they'll think things through. It's nerve wracking to let go, isn't it? :)

sarah  – (August 16, 2009 at 4:20 AM)  

I would die a thousand little deaths. You are soooo brave!

dawn klinge  – (August 16, 2009 at 6:00 PM)  

Your a wise Mama. :) Looks like you vacationed in a beautiful spot.

Maribeth  – (August 18, 2009 at 2:03 PM)  

Letting go is no easy task, is it?

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP