Dailyness: 2

More often than not our weekends involve a bit of crafting. This was a bigger crafting weekend than normal, but I think it's fair to include crafting in a "dailyness" post as we do a lot. Here's a lamb/sheep I made for an "in like a lion, out like a lamb" scene.


Hels is doing her "Wish, Wonder, and Surprise" creative writing block. She joined me at the dining table to needlefelt. This is her depiction of "wishes" which she feels come from the heart. My wish is that my teen will continue to want to sit and needlefelt with her Mama in the coming years!

I am in love with making pizza. We've been having it once or twice a week recently. Nels made me this pizza peel today.

I can't wait to use it, but not tonight as we're having a pot roast in about an hour or two. I'm sure this pizza peel will turn up in a dailyness post later this month--hopefully with a big pizza on it!

Anonymous –   – (March 8, 2009 at 6:49 PM)  

I will be curious to see how your peel works! One of my wishes from the heart is to build an earth oven in the yard and bake artisan breads and pizzas in it.. a peek would be handy for both. I love watching the Moravians at Old Salem work in their bake house and have visions of keeping a wood fired oven going all morning and eating all afternoon!

dawn klinge  – (March 8, 2009 at 6:53 PM)  

Personally, I would love to see Nels start an Etsy shop. :) I've been looking for a pizza peel like that to get for my husband....we love to make pizza!
Isn't it fun to sit down and craft with our daughters? I was doing a little needle felting today as well. Cute lamb!

Tammy  – (March 8, 2009 at 8:11 PM)  

Oh needlefelting...you all are so good at it. It's fun to see what you make with your wool. Both projects are just lovely.

denise  – (March 8, 2009 at 10:41 PM)  

Oh - what great projects! Everything looks wonderful. And a peel - sweet!

Joy  – (March 9, 2009 at 8:26 AM)  

Great sheep and wishes interpretation! I can't wait to see the pizza. :)

Anonymous –   – (March 9, 2009 at 9:24 AM)  

I love needle felting and it is the one crafty thing my anti-handwork son feels comfortable enough to actually sit down and play with a little. Your daughter has done a great job with her wishes page. That is beautiful!
Can't wait to see some topping ideas for your pizza's. We enjoy them but I haven't found toppings that I have a passion for. Must keep trying. :P

Mrs. Darling  – (March 9, 2009 at 11:36 AM)  

Love the lamb. We're starting on some spring crafts too this week. I used to hate crafting and now I love it! I think I am a gentler person in my old age. LOL

Anonymous –   – (March 10, 2009 at 3:06 PM)  

Wow, a homemade peel! That's an amazing gift.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP