A New Tomten

We have always loved Astrid Lindgren's book The Tomten. Years ago I knit each girl a tomten using a kit and pattern from Weir Dolls. The tomtens only come out during the Christmas season and Lou still loves them.


I decided to knit her another one this year using a pattern by Alan Dart. I changed the pattern a little bit and I'm not sure if I'm happy with the beard, but the wool is what I had on hand.


He has a backpack. Maybe I'll get a vest made too. We'll see. I'm out of Jane Austen movies :)


Poor thing. He's living in the ice bucket in the liquor cabinet right now. He'll be so happy to make his appearance on Christmas Eve!

Anonymous –   – (December 23, 2008 at 11:51 AM)  

...only children will understand!

sarah  – (December 23, 2008 at 1:48 PM)  

How darling! You have so many nice traditions.

Lisa Anne  – (December 23, 2008 at 4:19 PM)  

That is a cute tomten:) We have the last night knit-a-thon- I have to knit a whole mitten tonight! ( I hope I can do it!) Merry Christmas!!

dawn klinge  – (December 23, 2008 at 5:25 PM)  

Each one of those little Tomtens are so sweet. We love that book at our house to...I'm going to go look for it now.

Anonymous –   – (December 23, 2008 at 7:06 PM)  

I love him! Too bad you are out of videos. Who knows what you could accomplish!!!

Anonymous –   – (December 23, 2008 at 8:21 PM)  

What a nice, round tomten belly he has! Lou looks so sweet in that picture.

Angela  – (December 24, 2008 at 7:30 AM)  

Love him!!! While there is little worse than running out of Austen, the drama was so worth it in your result!!!

Anonymous –   – (December 29, 2008 at 12:14 AM)  

What a sweet little Tomten! We just got this book for my 3 1/2 year old this Christmas, and are enjoying it as a family.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP