Lots of Baking

Lots of cooking going on here. The JOY of this Christmas is to discover that all four of us can contribute making much less work. This morning Nels made the lobster casserole, Lou made thumb cookies, Hels made a SUCCESSFUL Buche de Noel. I supervised :)

The menu for Christmas Eve

scallops wrapped in bacon
fig cake & goat cheese
veggies and dip
stilton cheese with fig spread on baguette
pancetta/mozzarella
mozzarella sticks (kids)

lobster casserole and salad

cookies and port for Santa

The menu for Christmas Day

cinnamon rolls (still have to make those)
sausage

leftover lobster for lunch

dinner with friends--featuring roast beef and Buche de Noel


These two tiny friends will be in the tops of the stockings. Sorry for the poor photo--I took it down in the basement. Hels saw me making the red one for Lou and BEGGED me for one, not knowing that I had already made her the green one.

Merry Christmas to all my blogger friends!

Linda  – (December 24, 2008 at 2:59 PM)  

Have a wonderful Christmas!! Warmly The Dawkins Family!!

Anonymous –   – (December 24, 2008 at 3:02 PM)  

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas. I love reading about your life with your girls. It gives a mother of two little ones great hope.

Jennifer  – (December 24, 2008 at 5:00 PM)  

Merry Christmas, Sarah!

Sometime after the holidays, can you let me know the pattern for the tomtens in this post (or share the link)? I would love to have those peeking out of Father Christmas's stockings next year... its never too early to plan!

Been enjoying the season through the eyes of my favorite blogging VTer!

Anonymous –   – (December 24, 2008 at 5:54 PM)  

I love the little tomtens! They are beautifully done. And what a lovely menu you have planned. Stay cozy and enjoy!

dawn klinge  – (December 24, 2008 at 6:50 PM)  

Merry Christmas! Your menu sounds delicious.

Lovey  – (December 24, 2008 at 9:27 PM)  

Merry Christmas!

We'll be expecting a tray of leftovers. ;)

Suzanne  – (December 24, 2008 at 11:12 PM)  

Merry Christmastide Sarah! Your food all sounds delicious:-)

Suse  – (December 25, 2008 at 8:54 AM)  

Oh I LOVE the little gnomes. Merry Christmas, from me and mine to you and yours Sarah.

x

Anonymous –   – (December 25, 2008 at 10:19 PM)  

Merry Christmas! I somehow also managed to make a successful bûche de noël, even without supervision :-)

Sarah  – (December 26, 2008 at 11:26 AM)  

The pattern for the little tomtens is included on the Alan Dart pattern. The link is in the previous post.

Teaching Handwork  – (December 26, 2008 at 6:09 PM)  

I LOVE those 2 little guys...I want to make one right now!

Jennifer  – (January 5, 2009 at 10:32 AM)  

Thanks for the link again, Sarah! I just got my pattern in the (e) mail, and can't wait to get started on next year's presents... sometime this summer. cheers!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP