Standing Tall



Hels and Lou have been learning to walk on stilts this week through a workshop run by our town's recreation department. Every day they've been going to the school playground to learn how to fall, dance, and play freeze-tag while on stilts.




Yesterday we went to my Mom's for a visit. She made them stilt pants and they got to demonstrate their new skill. I left Lou in the back yard with Grandpa and came back to discover this!


She had decided to sit down on her own and landed in a pine tree instead. The chair just flipped over backward. I think we got her out without crushing the plants.




Meanwhile, Hels was out front putting on her stilts. She quickly graduated to 3' stilts after only 1 day at the workshop. The only way to get them on and stand up is to sit on the top of the car.








Doesn't Grandpa look a little nervous? They went for a walk and nearly caused some accidents as people leaned out of their cars to look up.

Both girls will be in the town's 4th of July parade with the stilting crew. Their only worry? Who will pick up candy for them??

dawn klinge  – (June 19, 2008 at 1:15 PM)  

That looks like so much fun! You've got some brave girls there. ;)

Lisa Anne  – (June 19, 2008 at 1:52 PM)  

Super Fun! I am sure they will have fun in the parade.

Anonymous –   – (June 19, 2008 at 3:47 PM)  

So impressive!!And I love the stilt pants!

Anonymous –   – (June 19, 2008 at 7:22 PM)  

Wow! From horse reins in kindergarten, to impressive stilt walking! Your girls really know how to have fun!!

Anonymous –   – (June 19, 2008 at 8:30 PM)  

I didn't know what you meant by "stilt pants"...wow! I like the hollyhocks in the first photo: everything's tall at grandma's house :)

Tara  – (June 19, 2008 at 10:09 PM)  

How cool is that?! Tell the girls I'm impressed! I don't think I'd have the nerve. My old bones get riled up just going to dance class...

Gypsy  – (June 20, 2008 at 5:06 AM)  

What a neat thing for your kids to do - I always wanted to give stilts a try ... but then I always wanted to just join the circus!

Lisa [strickerin]  – (June 20, 2008 at 12:17 PM)  

Woo hoo. What fun they must be having (aside from falling into bushes)

I love your new blog header too. Beautiful shot.

Tanya Willis Anderson  – (June 20, 2008 at 8:53 PM)  

Wow! I could never do that - scared to death of heights. Way to go - just don't look down, I guess. LOL

Tanya

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP