Digging about in history

We've had a busy few days. I'm trying to finish up a web site about how to find historical materials. Hels has been my able assistant/model. Here she is looking at 18th century town meeting records.


Here we are learning about inventories at the court house. It was fun to "peek" inside someone's house and see what furnishing they had.


And here we are at the historical society looking at old photographs.


I'm now off to Colonial Williamsburg to lead a teacher institute.

Lisa Anne  – (June 25, 2008 at 12:27 PM)  

Have fun in Williamsburg! I have always wanted to go. I love digging about local history.

Anonymous –   – (June 25, 2008 at 2:38 PM)  

Ooh, what fun! I've done lots of online research (especially for genealogy), but I've never done any research onsite anywhere.

Lisa  – (June 25, 2008 at 3:32 PM)  

Have fun - I love looking up old records!

Suzanne  – (June 25, 2008 at 5:41 PM)  

YOu lucky gal you ! Have a wonderful time!

dawn klinge  – (June 25, 2008 at 5:59 PM)  

You have the coolest job! How fun for your daughter to be able to help as well.

Tara  – (June 26, 2008 at 6:22 AM)  

How cool. I think one of the great advantages of working for yourself is getting the kids involved. Looks like you have a great assistant there.

Angela  – (July 2, 2008 at 6:57 AM)  

This is so fun! I love seeing the gloves and the old photos! Have a great trip- we just got back from Williamsburg, it is one of my most favorite places on earth!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP