Green Week: 3


When I was a child my parents used to take us to visit greenhouses in the winter. I always came home with a little African violet or cactus. It's one of those great childhood memories. My girls now see a trip to the greenhouse in deep winter as a mandatory event. When we went this past January, I brought back these primroses for my north kitchen window. Of course, the girls got cacti. Don't all kids love them?

I also have a second round of crocuses starting to grow down in that blue pot. I have bulbs started all over the house in the hopes that we'll have some flowers for Easter! It's almost time to plant wheat grass.

Maymomvt  – (March 5, 2008 at 6:06 PM)  

excuse me mom I didn't get a cactus!!! In fact I didn't get anything at all!!!!!

hels

Anonymous –   – (March 5, 2008 at 8:56 PM)  

We've got winter aconite and snowdrops outside coming up like gangbusters...reminding me that Easter is very, very near! Must get busy!

dawn klinge  – (March 5, 2008 at 9:20 PM)  

We've got little violets poking out of the ground right now- it's so nice to see color. Your windowsill looks very pretty.

Anonymous –   – (March 6, 2008 at 10:29 AM)  

I didn't get a cactus either! You also said you'd get me a venus fly trap from that greenhouse in connecticut

Maymomvt  – (March 6, 2008 at 10:46 AM)  

I think this last comment is from my brother...who always wanted the other popular plant--venus fly trap...

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP