An Easter Story


It was Easter, 1994. N and I had slipped out of my parents' house for an early morning walk on the beach followed by a cup of coffee at the local bakery. As we sipped our coffee, N suddenly handed me a little box....just about the size of a ring box. My stomach flipped.

You see, we had begun talking about getting married just a few weeks before. We had decided that N would discuss all this with my Step-Father at Easter. We had only known each other for a few months, but we both knew that the other was the one.

A million thoughts ran through my head as that little box was held out to me. I looked in his eyes, took a deep breath, and opened it. Nestled inside that box was a little wooden Easter egg. We both laughed. We were so happy and I enjoyed the joke.

That day, after Easter dinner, N took my Step-Father out into the backyard for a talk. Everyone in the family knew what was going on. My Grandfather was glued to the window. We didn't become officially engaged that day, but we gained the blessing of our family. An important first step.

The beginning of the beginning. And it was Easter.

dawn klinge  – (March 23, 2008 at 9:56 AM)  

What a sweet and romantic gesture. Thanks for telling this story, it made me smile. :) Happy Easter!

Sharon  – (March 23, 2008 at 10:40 AM)  

That's a lovely story, made me smile too!

Tara  – (March 23, 2008 at 11:34 AM)  

Awww. That's so sweet! Have a great Easter.

Lisa Anne  – (March 23, 2008 at 3:46 PM)  

Very romantic, a great Easter memory.

Happy Easter!

Anonymous –   – (March 23, 2008 at 8:41 PM)  

So sweet! I love that Grandpa was glued to the window...I can just picture that.

World Wide Alternative  – (March 24, 2008 at 9:22 AM)  

How romantic!
N is very lucky you are a good sport...;) Xxx

Lisa  – (March 25, 2008 at 5:27 AM)  

Off to tell my dh and explain a bit of romance is good for the soul!

Lisa (UK)

thegoodwitch  – (March 25, 2008 at 11:59 PM)  

What a wonderful story! I celebrate my tenth anniversary this year and so I am extremely susceptible to romantic stories these day!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP