Finding My Balance

It is 6:30 a.m. and I have just finished an hour with my blogs and a hot cup of coffee. This morning time is my sacred time. If I don't have this time to myself, I find my day is unbalanced. If I haven't had the time to be quiet, center, read for pleasure and sometimes write, my ability to provide a centered presence for my family is shaky at best.



It has just been over the past year or two that I have noticed how important this morning time is to me. Once I get the children up, I become caught up in the whirlwind of their rhythms and routines. Once they are off to school, I become caught up in the many demands of my work. The day flies by until suddenly I find myself at the other end, visiting with N and reading stories before bed.

For years I have wished that I could find the time to stop, draw a little circle of quiet around myself, and let me spirit be refreshed by whatever is surrounding me. It hasn't been my nature to do this, even though I know I've needed it. Blogging has turned out to fill this need. By journaling my days, I am stopping and taking in the little moments. Somehow, sharing these little moments with others has kept me going when in the past my journals have often fizzled away.

Blogging has provided more balance to my life than I ever imagined.

Happy Equinox. I hope you all can find your balance too.

dawn klinge  – (March 20, 2008 at 6:05 PM)  

You've put into words so well how I also feel about blogging. I never was very good about keeping journals but blogging has met a real need in my life. I'm glad it's been a good experience for you also and I love to read your blog.

queen of the castle  – (March 20, 2008 at 6:39 PM)  

Oh, I hope I can too! My morning exercise time wasn't working - the whole day was running one hour late. My blogging time comes in spurts - if the children are outside or having quiet time, when they are asleep at night or when I can't sleep. I'll take what I can get for now - as long as I get some time in somehow. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with all of us.

Anonymous –   – (March 20, 2008 at 7:42 PM)  

I was never able to keep a journal. It always seemed too...self-conscious or something. But blogging is different. There are readers; there is dialogue of some kind. I'm glad it has helped you!

Lisa Anne  – (March 20, 2008 at 8:29 PM)  

I like how you picked a theme and have been writing about balance this week. It is a perfect theme for the equinox, thanks for sharing. Blogging has become a surprising phenomena in my life. I have not been able to connect with a community of people since moving out here, I felt a strong sense of it before moving and blogging has really filled that void for me.

Anonymous –   – (March 20, 2008 at 9:40 PM)  

your blog is always so beautiful - what a story to leave for our children, these days captured and preserved. as a historian i imagine you see value in that. never has this type of "journaling" taken place. i know it'll be the norm from this point forward - but the information contained in these pages... my goodness they say a lot about our lives and world!
heather
beautythatmoves

Tammy  – (March 21, 2008 at 12:02 AM)  

So true, so true! That's the reason I love blogging, too.

Your blog is great. I'm so glad to have found you. :)

Maymomvt  – (March 21, 2008 at 5:09 AM)  

Lisa Anne--This week about balance sort of morphed from one post to another--it wasn't planned :)

World Wide Alternative  – (March 21, 2008 at 6:57 AM)  

Oh I totally agree with you!
I may not have time to write everyday, but if I don't get to drink my coffee while checking in with you guys I feel fidgety all day!
Thanks so much for popping by today. Our "plant" eggs turned out really well, I'll have some pics up after our hunt on Sunday...Xxx

Tara  – (March 21, 2008 at 9:01 AM)  

Always working on that balance thing – although it's getting easier. I see now how quickly I fall out of balance if I don't take time for me through dance, yoga, reading, crafts and yes, blogging.

Lisa  – (March 23, 2008 at 6:10 AM)  

Well said, I don't think I can add anything!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP