Busy Times

My brother recently left me a comment wondering where we were....

We're here, sort of. The dining table has undergone a metamorphosis since the last post! We've entered a crazy few weeks with work where I'm out leading teacher workshops in the evenings a couple of nights a week, N is working in Virginia, and Hels has embarked on some big school projects. Amidst all this, Hels joined a teen Morris dancing troupe and Lou passed her Book 1 Suzuki test. She's so very proud. To pass the test, she had to play the hardest song perfectly and have memorized all the songs in the book so she could play any the teacher gave her. She passed with flying colors. That led to another evening out for celebration...

So, this week we're reduced to crock pot meals and canned fruit in the lunches as I've run out of anything fresh.













It's still winter here with signs of spring-- As I've been burning the rubber up and down the highways of Vermont, I've noticed that the snowpack is going down. The river ice is up on the road. The trees have sprouted their syrup buckets. I look forward to a brief respite this weekend when we can breath it all in before next week's round of a similar schedule.


I know some of you asked about making the birds from the last post. The idea came from this month's issue of Family Fun magazine. We'll see if we can pull off a little tutorial this weekend.

Anonymous –   – (March 13, 2008 at 8:11 AM)  

I wish you a very relaxing weekend. Enjoy the early spring.

Tara  – (March 13, 2008 at 9:21 AM)  

Congratulations to the girls on their accomplishments – and to you for simply managing to keep your head above water! Enjoy your weekend.

Anonymous –   – (March 13, 2008 at 9:36 AM)  

Congratulations Lou! That is some hard work well done.

I hope you find some moments of peace in this busy springtime rush.

dawn klinge  – (March 13, 2008 at 9:47 AM)  

That's fantastic about your daughter passing book one. I didn't realize that in Suzuki everything had to be memorized. That sounds like a lot of work.
I hope you have a wonderfully relaxing weekend. Spring always tends to get a little busy at my house also.

Tammy  – (March 13, 2008 at 10:16 AM)  

Sounds like you all have been really busy doing some fun activities. Enjoy the upcoming weekend! :)

Lisa  – (March 13, 2008 at 6:25 PM)  

Well done everyone! Can't wait for the birds!

Lisa (UK)

Lisa Anne  – (March 13, 2008 at 9:35 PM)  

Its a busy time of year! It's hard to keep up with it all when your partner is away, so no one is going to judge you for taking short cuts for meals. I was a single mom until Amelia was in 1st grade, I really don't know how I did everything then (I grew our own food and worked full-time and only bicycled everywhere-until we moved out to the country and then I had to drive), when my partner is out of town I really feel his absence and do not long for days as a single parent.

We have been looking for a Morris Group for Amelia to join since we moved here, they only have a men's group around. Congrats to Lou.

Have a fun and restful weekend.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP