Balance

I have been going through a time where I am completely preoccupied with my work. I am teaching three different courses to teachers where we are exploring the first (white) settlements of Vermont. I love digging deep into the archives in all the various towns. I love handling the old documents and finding such treasures as "the town agreed to lease the land as long as the trees shall grow and the water shall run." I love helping teachers figure out how to get their children to connect to the people who settled in the wilderness braving wolves, Indian attacks, and starvation. It's really all I can think about right now.

Teaching is my favorite part of my job. Because I work with teachers, all the classes happen late afternoon and early evening. This, combined with N working out of town A LOT right now, makes for some continued busy days. The kids are taking it in stride and getting their homework and practicing done on their own. Somehow the laundry is moving from machines and back into drawers. The dog is being fed. The house is remaining clean because nobody is home. Balance of a sort.

See, I was going to end this post with something profound. I was going to find some cool clips of old documents and then figure out how to talk about balancing work and home. But, it's now 6:38 a.m. Time to get the kids out of bed and off to school. Then I'm off all day at a big meeting until I pick them up, take them to violin, hand off Lou to N, and then take Hels for something to eat and Morris dancing. Home at 9 p.m. Luckily, Tuesday is the only day when we have such a schedule. Luckily, Wednesday seems to be perpetual WINTRY MIX day where we've been having delayed starts to school!

Hmm. Balancing work and home are going fine. Balancing work, home, and BLOG? Not so fine! Sorry for the photo-less post.

Tara  – (March 18, 2008 at 8:37 AM)  

Sounds busy and yet strangely under control. No easy task, indeed. Best wishes for continued balance and sustained energy!

Anonymous –   – (March 18, 2008 at 9:52 AM)  

Not to worry. Enjoy your researching and teaching time.

dawn klinge  – (March 18, 2008 at 9:57 AM)  

It sounds like you're doing a great job balancing all the things that need to be done right now. Your job sounds fascinating.

sarah  – (March 18, 2008 at 2:53 PM)  

Sometimes the busy times are exhilirating, aren't they? I hope you ride this wave happily for as long as it lasts.

Tammy  – (March 19, 2008 at 1:41 AM)  

You are busy, but BALANCED. What a lovely thing to be! It sounds like it all works for your family. :)

P.S. What a cool job you have!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP