Shadows and Light

Back to our regularly scheduled blogging of crafts, Waldorf, and snow. We've been home all day enjoying another wintry mix--the girls tenth snow day this winter. I have avoided today's wintry mix, but they have been having a blast with FIRE and ICE at the snow cave. They have made candle caves in addition to their snow caves. Lest you worry, I assure you the candles are all safely ensconced in mason jars (although I was a little nervous when I discovered Lou in the snow cave with a flaming piece of kindling). That got put out.


H spent part of the day drawing still lifes with shadows. She has just completed a physics block at school where they conducted experiments in optics, acoustics, electricity, and heat. She has loved her most recent science blocks--the botany, geology, and physics have opened her up a bit more to the world and I see her noticing and experimenting more and more.

So now they are out now having tea in the cave, N is plowing in rain gear, and I am quietly blogging under a nice wool blanket. Keep warm!

Anonymous –   – (February 13, 2008 at 8:33 PM)  

I tell you, a few days ago I was freezing because we had arctic winds here. Today I was freezing because I was shoveling snow and sleet off the front steps, in the rain.

Why can't we just have some snow? :(

I'm going to get under my down comforter now.

Lisa Anne  – (February 13, 2008 at 9:17 PM)  

We had a lot of snow fall yesterday, today we had WET snow, so everything is slushy, I was hoping to take the toboggan out today:( I love the image of your girls' caves of fire and ice. The shadow drawings are nice, Amelia is enjoying this medium as well. Thank you for sharing Lou's story!

Tara  – (February 14, 2008 at 9:30 AM)  

I don't think I've ever seen a family who makes each and every snowstorm so incredibly fun. It's wonderful and inspiring!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP