More Snow, More Crafts

We're now averaging two days off/week due to weather. Here is Odin having a trot down the road. The snow plow is having trouble keeping up today.

What else to do on a snow day but write, blog, and craft? We spent the morning practicing violin (E), doing homework (H), and working (me). Then we moved on to sewing these valentine sachets.

They are stuffed with wool and scented with lavender oil.











Here is the little stack that H made. Each one is tied with embroidery floss and held with an old button in the middle. Just as we finished, my 50 year old sewing machine gave up the ghost. I have such mixed feelings about it. I love this machine, but I sure would enjoy having one with some modern gizmos (I'm not sure I even know what I'm missing, but in reading blogs, I can tell I might be missing some pretty neat gizmos).




So. To repair or to buy? And, if I buy, what to buy?

I think I'll avoid the whole thing and go sledding.





Unknown  – (February 7, 2008 at 2:28 PM)  

Such sweet little sachets! We've gotten a good bit of snow in Grand Isle County today as well. To the delight of our elementary schoolers, their morning bus got stuck in a snowdrift and they had to file out into parents' cars for the trip to school... they loved the adventure!

Unknown  – (February 7, 2008 at 2:29 PM)  

Such sweet little sachets! We've gotten a good bit of snow in Grand Isle County today as well. To the delight of our elementary schoolers, their morning bus got stuck in a snowdrift and they had to file out into parents' cars for the trip to school... they loved the adventure!

Tara  – (February 7, 2008 at 3:49 PM)  

Lovely crafts as always but that sledding hill... Hoooweee!!! No wonder your kids are outside all the time!

dawn klinge  – (February 7, 2008 at 5:21 PM)  

I'm so sorry about your sewing machine. Those sachets turned out very cute though. That picture of the sledding looks like fun.

Henitsirk  – (February 7, 2008 at 8:27 PM)  

That is a tough one! Perhaps if it's not too expensive you could fix the heirloom machine and then look for a good deal on a newer model for you. Then your girls could have their own!

Lisa  – (February 8, 2008 at 6:52 PM)  

We are sooooo jealous of the snow, we just have rain! Love the craft work! Lisa (UK)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP