Lou's Story

It's February 9th, the date for when Lou (which is E's nickname) was due to be born. Today, 9 years ago, my friend was actually giving birth in her home down the road, but Lou was having none of this being born stuff. This second pregnancy of mine had been a little harder than the first. One of my blood tests had come back a little "off" and my midwife encouraged an amnio to see if all was well. It was a stressful time waiting for the results which came, by telephone, at work. "All was well", my midwife said, "and by the way it's a GIRL!" What a relief. Little did we know that the "off" numbers really did mean something.

February is Lou's birth month. It is also the month in which she became critically ill. I think a lot about her in February. I've never written her story except in email updates to friends while in the midst of it (and which I now can't find). I thought I'd try to tell it over this next week before her birthday.

dawn klinge  – (February 9, 2008 at 8:25 PM)  

That must have been so hard with your baby being ill when she was born. She sure is cute, even when she's sick.

Henitsirk  – (February 10, 2008 at 8:40 PM)  

I think there comes a time when sharing a painful story like that becomes very healing. I hope you find it so.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP