Light the Advent Candle One


Light the Advent candle one,
now the waiting has begun.

We have started on our way,
time to think of Christmas Day.

Candle, candle burning bright,
shining in the cold winter night.

Candle, candle burning bright,
fill our hearts with Christmas light.

I came home from the Winter Fair and found that N had made us this beautiful Advent candle arrangement. I just did not have time to make a wreath this year, and, to be honest, I haven't been satisfied with our wreaths in the past so was thrilled to have a new design.


The girls got to open the first two doors of their Advent calendar yesterday. By waiting until December 2, they each got to open a door right away. Since E is 8, she gets to open on even days. Luckily, H is 11 and gets the odd days.

Sue  – (December 3, 2007 at 5:11 PM)  

That is the most beautiful advent candle arrangement I have ever seen! We always sang that very same "advent candle" song when I was a child. Do you know all of the verses to it?

I've been offline for a couple of weeks--I have lots of catching up to do. I really enjoy your blog, Sarah.

Karin  – (December 4, 2007 at 3:15 AM)  

That is just a wonderfull advent arrangement. I'm still thinking of one (as allways late I'm afraid...), but yours is really pretty!

queen of the castle  – (December 5, 2007 at 11:44 PM)  

Ok, one: we sing that SAME SONG and two: I am such a sucker I buy three advent calendars - one for each child. It never occurred to me that they could take turns.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP