Living Crafts

I picked up a copy of Living Crafts magazine last week. I had heard about this magazine months ago and have been waiting to get a copy. I love the magazine and particularly like the children's crafts that are simple and beautiful. Both my girls enjoyed looking through the magazine and were inspired a wet-felting in cookie cutters idea. This afternoon, we set out to make our own. We ended up making these shooting stars and moon which I intend to attach to a birch sapling as a mobile for solstice.

As we sat around the table after school today, sipping tea and swirling our fingers in soapy wool, there was a certain peacefulness that spread among us. Little songs from the day were sung under breath and I felt like we were "gathered." This is what I think of when I think of "Living Crafts." Some crafts just pull us in--the act of the crafting is nourishing and is just as important as the final product.

Karin  – (November 28, 2007 at 2:18 AM)  

Those starsare just lovely. Wonderfull decoration for the coming season I would think. After reading your comment on my blog I decidesd that it was quite 'unfair' to be reading all the english blogs that I love but not giving people the opportunity to learn a bit more about me, so from now on I'll also publish in English....Would you mind if I linked your blog on my page?

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP