The May Moms

My name, Maymomvt, comes from my participation with an internet group called "The May Moms." The group formed back in 1995 when we were all pregnant, due in May 1996. We have emailed all day long for over 10 years now. There's a saying that the May Moms "know everything" and I think it is true. Whenever I had a question about pregnancy, childbirth, parenting, health, homework, cooking, or ANYTHING, N would say "ask the May Moms."

When E was in the hospital, critically ill, I casually mentioned that the only thing she knew about hospitals was Curious George's balloons. Moments after we arrived in PICU, about 65 balloons (and almost as many teddy bears) arrived--so many they didn't fit in PICU. It was as if inside each balloon was a prayer for E from all over the world. It brings me to tears just thinking about it.

Now, some of our dear May Moms have their own health issues. We've made quilts for two with cancer and hopefully will not make any more.

I've only met a few of the May Moms in person, but they will always be a part of my life. I've just now shared this blog with them. It has felt a little funny to share it because I still don't know where the blog is going, except to say that I want a journal of my life. They are such a part of my life, that they must be in it.

Anonymous –   – (August 15, 2007 at 10:20 AM)  

Sarah - Looking forward to reading your blog. Sweet start.

Love,
--Mel

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP