"Our Bridge"

We celebrated an early Thanksgiving this weekend with my parents as we are going to Canada over the holiday. We have a tradition of taking family photos at the Chocorua bridge in NH.  Our family has been getting their photos taken on this bridge with the mountain in the background since 1928.  Here is a little tour of the photos.


My grandmother and her sister


My grandparents just before getting married with my grandfather's mother


Jean Crosby and Jim Cayford


My Grandmother on her honeymoon


1936 Honeymoon--nobody around to take their photo together!


My Mother--1940


My mother, sister, and parents--1946


My Mother!


Now my Grandfather with his three kids--Jane, Chris, and Phil


My grandparents' 30th anniversary photos on the bridge



Here I am with my brothers and father--I was 10


I might have been a senior in high school in this photo.
My father is wearing my down jacket. Love the shiny jackets!


I was college-age in this photo with my grandmother, parents, and brother.
Sadly, my father probably still has this old jacket of mine from 1978.


Here my grandparents got someone to take their photo!


My brother 


My parents


Here are our honeymoon photos from 1994



Now the next generation with my brother and his son


My brother, his wife, and kids


Here we are with our girls


Helen and Liz


Here are Helen and Liz now with my parents


Taking selfies at the bridge--a new photography technique!


Our family today!

Annie Jeffries  – (November 24, 2013 at 5:04 PM)  

85 years of family. I just have to say that I took a lot of pleasure in view these pictures and watching time go by and approach the present.

Erik J  – (November 24, 2013 at 8:54 PM)  

This is a wonderful thing. Chocorua seems no worse for wear over 80 years; the bridge railings seem a little simplified from their rustic glory, but the place is the same and the family evolution is just priceless. Really wonderful. May this continue for another 80 years.

Anonymous –   – (November 24, 2013 at 9:39 PM)  

love these! glorious! --Nancy in NC

Francesca  – (November 25, 2013 at 9:10 PM)  

Lovely tradition and photos....Happy THanksgiving....maybe we'll visit Chocorua on Friday, that will be our Black Friday deal!!!

Anonymous –   – (November 26, 2013 at 8:58 AM)  

Perfect for a photobook for family Christmas gifts!

Quiltin' Mama  – (December 5, 2013 at 12:16 PM)  

Beautiful, So interesting to see the photography changes as well as the people and landscape. A wonderful treasure you have there.

kristin  – (December 8, 2013 at 2:10 PM)  

This is so great Sarah! Thanks for sharing this sweet tradition with us. x

Lovely World  – (December 10, 2013 at 10:20 AM)  

I absolutely love this post! My family is one that has stayed close in geography, and we have some familiar images through time. But nothing like this bridge! I hope you and your family are well. Maribeth

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP