New Adventures

All of us have been trying new things this fall. We have all been stretching ourselves in new ways which I find interesting as it is the Michaelmas season--a season that pushes us to engage our will, fight our inner dragons, and try out new things before the winter months of introspection.

Nelson and I embarked on a new exercise journey and managed to run a 5K this fall.  I was nervous as it was quite a strenuous, hilly course with thousands of runners. They were quite strict about the amount of time you were allowed to be on the course and I was worried I would be too slow.  Well, I did it. My goals were to not cheat and to not come in last. I achieved both :)


Liz went out on a limb and got involved in a local technology museum. Here she is showing young visitors how a 3-D printer works. She has become very excited about engineering. It is fun to see her exploring new interests and going out of her comfort zone to talk with strangers.


Nelson picked up his trumpet again and is helping out Liz's youth orchestra. This has involved lots of practicing to get his "chops back" as he says.


Our Brother-in-Law got his pilot's license and took the family flying. While I do believe he is a good pilot, I refused to fly with Nelson as I just didn't want both parents up in the plane without the girls. Call me a worry-wart, but there you have it.


So, you see it has been an active and busy autumn with so many new adventures!

Sue  – (November 7, 2013 at 9:49 AM)  

I loved reading about your family's exciting new adventures.♥ Congratulations on a successful 5K--I think that is quite an achievement (I could never do it!). My cousin played the trumpet when he was young...the whole street could here him practice (my aunt and uncle lived a few houses down the block from us). Oddly enough, that same cousin now flies a plane!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP