Writing and more writing


Helen attended the Young Writers' Conference in Burlington, VT, for a second year. It is three days of speakers, writing workshops, poetry slams, moth storytelling, and other writerly activities.


She absolutely loved it and said that she felt like her writing had matured while she was there.  We have since met with her guidance counselor for next year and found out that she got into Advanced Prose Writing. Her counselor says that it means she's one of the top writers in the high school and it will go into her college letters. Nice!  She's hoping to be a writing mentor at the conference next year.

I have to say that I really love being the parent of a teen--it is just so much fun to watch them begin to spread their wings!

sarah  – (June 9, 2013 at 6:06 AM)  

That's wonderful! Congratulations to her. And I agree with you, being the parent of a teen is a whole lot of fun, and very fulfilling. (By the way, I notice my bloglink in your sidebar is to a spam blog which stole my old blog url!)

Anonymous –   – (June 10, 2013 at 9:47 AM)  

Sarah, I've been reading The Artist's Way and keep thinking I wish I had reading a book like that in college so get a savvy "big picture" idea of what a creative life has to offer, to be aware of the pitfallls, and how nurturing teachers (especially on the college level) are important. Just a thought - these are beautiful years that can bear much fruit in adulthood with wise direction. So exciting!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP