Can you go back home?

They say you can't really go home again, but we did last weekend.  We had a small family reunion at Old Sturbridge Village where my mother spent much of her career.  I worked there too! Here I am back in about 1987 or 1988. I spent a lot of time baking bread on the hearth and washing dishes.


The house where I worked is now self-guided and you can try things out for yourself so I got back in front of that old fireplace.


Elizabeth was able to join us for the visit.  She, too, has been at Old Sturbridge Village in costume as part of their summer camps. Here she is in front of the same fireplace making cookies.


Here we are taking a break from the heat. It was really hot!


We have many, many wonderful family memories of Old Sturbridge Village.  Here I am with my parents and brother with an old friend who is the village tinsmith.


We went out for a lovely dinner after our long, hot day in the village. My brother used to wash dishes at the restaurant when he was a teenager!


We also went back to see our old house.  It was such a lovely time and we all talked and talked, sharing memories and stories.  I think you can go back home.


Anonymous –   – (June 13, 2013 at 7:51 AM)  

Not everyone is blessed with lovely memories of home - you are very much blessed!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP