Our YouTube Summer

Yesterday my dental hygienist asked me one of those generic questions..."so, how was your summer?" I've been asked this question a lot over the past month and always reply that it was a good summer. When thinking about what made this summer so great, it wasn't a fancy vacation but rather a long series of afternoons and evenings together on the porch with all of us pursuing new interests....via YouTube.

Helen, Nelson, and Liz have been hanging out with their new buddy, Marty.


They've had a lot of fun learning guitar and beginning to play some songs together.
Here they are watching Marty on the ipad.


The instruments went everywhere with us which made for a very full car.
Here they are in Maine learning a fiddle tune.


I spent the summer learning to crochet using the Wise Craft Granny Square Sampler Project.
My YouTube lessons were a little more subdued. 
I have to say these videos really make me laugh, but they worked!


I sat on the porch and crocheted while they played their tunes. 
I've made about 50 squares and am almost ready to put it all together.


It was a very companionable summer. It was fun to find some activities to do that we could all enjoy together and I look forward to many winter nights with our YouTube buddies. We've learned a lot! Now the girls want to learn ukelele...and mandolin....and who knows what else. We're loving YouTube and we're loving learning some new skills.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte  – (October 10, 2012 at 8:03 PM)  

We all love you tube but I personally do not enjoy the sound stuff when I am reading a blog. I prefer a reference allowing me to choose to go there.
Glad to know that you all had such fun.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte  – (October 10, 2012 at 8:03 PM)  

We all love you tube but I personally do not enjoy the sound stuff when I am reading a blog. I prefer a reference allowing me to choose to go there.
Glad to know that you all had such fun.

S. Young  – (January 30, 2013 at 8:08 AM)  

Could you be so kind and recommend other resources concerning this topic of course just in case you are aware of any of them.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP