Handmade Christmas

I have two final handmade gifts to share.

Liz and I made these woven reindeer for my Mother. Years ago a basket maker showed me how to make these and I finally managed to have the materials, the instructions, and the IDEA all at the same time. They are actually quite quick to make. I used materials from a basketmaking kit I had. The splint was a bit wider than the measurements that came with the instructions, so I split it in half and we made two reindeer. I imagine these could be easily made with paper, card stock, or even stiffened fabric.

Liz made Helen this jewelry organizer. She got drawer pulls and a piece of molding from the hardware store, polyurethaned the molding, and put in the drawer pulls. Here it is hanging on Helen's bulletin board already full of necklaces.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP