Sunday in my Kitchen

A cool, rainy Sunday meant lots of cooking.... snickerdoodles for afternoon tea.
A rustic apple tart and a pork roast for dinner.
This was the scene at one end of my kitchen.

A cool, rainy Sunday also meant crafting.
This was the scene at the other end of my kitchen.

alas... my needle-felted pumpkins are now balls of orange dust-bunnies.
I decided we needed something new to grace our seasonal table.

First Nels and Helen cut down a beech sapling (nice pajamas, Helen).
Our woods are just aglow with the beeches right now.

Liz and Nelson then chopped and sanded.


We all gathered with fleece, felt, sharpies, and a glue gun.
To make these fun little guys.
They just need some lanterns...I'll happily skip Halloween and look directly to Martinmas.

I hope these don't turn into dust bunnies too.

Tammy  – (October 25, 2010 at 10:10 AM)  

LOL on the cat. We have 3 here...I know how it is. ;)

Dawn  – (October 25, 2010 at 7:45 PM)  

These gnomes are so cute! My cats love to steal anything made of wool.

Susan  – (October 25, 2010 at 11:30 PM)  

You have a lovely, inspiring home life. I always love visiting your blog and seeing what you and your family are up to. What a wonderful, creative craft!

Tonya Gunn  – (October 30, 2010 at 10:55 AM)  

Oh so sweet and such a great family project.

Four Gambel Girls and a Guy ~ documenting the adventure we call life  – (November 1, 2010 at 8:46 AM)  

Adorable ~ they can be used year round! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment....and I did read about your daughter getting lost. If you have to get lost, that was a great place to do it. I would have had to stay in that professor's class. How neat that she gets to go to such places of academia. I agree with you, there are very few blogs that feature teens...especially teens that are doing cool projects; so I am glad to find this one. I am lucky that my teens are willing participants and OK with me putting them "out there". They don't like to admit it, but they are secretly proud when I feature them....the best is when I don't tell them and they read the blog on their own!

Layne

Suzanne  – (November 1, 2010 at 4:34 PM)  

I was just thinking of making a rustic apple tart:-) Those ghomes are adorable!

Unknown  – (November 18, 2010 at 8:28 PM)  

A wonderful idea for a christmas gifts for my children.. Very sweet.

Farmgirl Susan  – (November 25, 2010 at 12:20 PM)  

Sounds like a perfectly delicious and creative day! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP