A Quiet Easter

We had a very quiet Easter which was a good thing because the pace of our life has picked up ten-fold.

I spent the week before Easter meditating on potential. I had a group of branches from our woods in water on the table. Each day I visualized the life within and how they would look once they bloomed. My thoughts often turned to my children and my work --potential and the future. It was a quiet, lovely time for me. Easter morning brought just the slightest opening of those buds.

(the cat knocked it all off the table before I could get a picture. The photo above is actually from last year)

On Easter morning we made hot-cross buns for the first time. We used Tasha Tudor's recipe. They were delicious!

The Easter Bunny brought just the right bunnies....they were....."gnarley" according to Lou. The girls are growing out of stuffed animals, yet still expect the traditional bunny. These fit the bill!

It was unexpectedly warm for Easter. We spent much of the day out on our porch. We had a grilled, butterflied lamb, roasted new potatoes, and grilled asparagus. The girls delivered dessert to the porch.

Spring is finally here. The peepers are singing. The daffodils are blooming. The trees are greening. Life is blossoming and my meditations turn to wonder at the newness of life.

Penny also in VT  – (April 11, 2010 at 10:14 AM)  

What a lovely day :)

Those bunnies are so perfect, my parents *still* send me a bunny, and I'm 45! Some things you never outgrow.

Potential is a very enjoyable meditation topic, and a budding branch is such a good companion for them, very inspiring!

It *was* warm, wasn't it? We actually had dinner outside - something that amazed me - eating outdoors in early April in VT... Crazy!

oh - and I *love* the new header photo, it's a wonderful photo of an ordinary, wonderful thing. So representative of Spring!

softearthart  – (April 11, 2010 at 3:35 PM)  

Potential,what one can do to grow and become in tune with Mother Earth,how perhaps we need to listen to the wind and hear her whisperings. Love and light Marie

Sarah  – (April 11, 2010 at 6:04 PM)  

I wish I had made the rabbits. I don't know how to crochet and, for some reason, the girls find crocheted softies "hipper" than knitted. I guess I should find a crochet class!

renee ~ heirloom seasons  – (April 11, 2010 at 10:55 PM)  

We made hot cross buns on easter too, also for the first time, also Tasha Tudor's recipe! We talked about how probably someone in her family was making them the same day, I love that you were too!

Tammy  – (April 12, 2010 at 10:18 AM)  

Potential as a meditation topic...I love it...perfect for spring and new beginnings.

We've never had hot cross buns, but I had to laugh because that is the name of the first song Kayla learned to play on her harmonica. I'll have to make sure she sees the photo of what they actually are! :)

Susan  – (April 24, 2010 at 9:25 AM)  

Your quiet Easter sounds perfect. Love the bunnies and hot cross buns. And, wasn't it wonderful to be outdoors in the warm sunshine so early in the season? I was so glad for those unseasonably warm days in March and early April. Your dinner sounds like it was delicious.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP