Daddy's Girlfriend

It all began with the Best Burger Ever. Nels came across this Pioneer Woman recipe about a year ago, and it truly is the best burger. ever. Then, while hunting for a carbonara recipe, he found Pastor Ryan's. This recipe also became a family favorite and the phrase was born.... "Daddy, is this one of your girlfriend's recipes?"

As a joke, we got him his girlfriend's book for Christmas and now she is in our lives even more. We are currently loving Daddy's girlfriend's pizza crust.

Bon appetit!

K.  – (March 16, 2010 at 9:58 AM)  

Oh, that made me giggle. This is so like what happens in our family. Cooking daddies are wonderful!

Tammy  – (March 16, 2010 at 11:05 AM)  

LOL...I loved this post. Gave me a good laugh, which is always a nice way to start the day. :)

Lisa Anne  – (March 16, 2010 at 6:02 PM)  

That is really cute! I guess having a girlfriend like that is OK as long as he keeps on cooking!

Lacey (schoolhousefarm)  – (March 16, 2010 at 11:49 PM)  

I'll have to check out that cookbook! my husband is always looking for inspiration... ;)

Unknown  – (March 17, 2010 at 9:58 AM)  

Very funny. I don't blame him though, I really want this book too. Saw it in the grocery store, maybe a present for birthday or next Christmas.
Blessings
diane

Lovely World  – (March 18, 2010 at 9:59 AM)  

Well, your husband's girlfriend does seem to have some skill in the food department. I'm sure he likes you best, though!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP