A Letter to King Winter


Dear King Winter,

Would you please send a little of your snowy goodness just a tad north to Vermont? We live in Vermont because we love all things winter....the ice, the snow, the cold. We are truly missing your icy blasts of snow. Lou can't make snow caves. Sledding is now too dangerous. Forget snowshoeing or cross country skiing. And the poor, poor children--they've only had one snow day.

How will we endure mud season and the retreat of Jack Frost if we have not been able to properly frolic in the snow? So, please King Winter, would you ask the great North Wind to blow just a tad bit further north?


With most humble thanks from,

the family who lives in these hills

julie  – (February 11, 2010 at 9:18 AM)  

hmm, well, we haven't any snow either, but if you want some cold you are welcome to ours, as I'm really fed up with it now!! My letter to King Winter would be more along the lines of telling him not to darken our doors again until next year!! Hope you get some snow though, am sure the girls are longing for more play opportunities. I'm just longing to feel the warm sun on my face!

Tammy  – (February 11, 2010 at 10:18 AM)  

Oh my gosh...I wish I could give you some of our snow! We seem to get a tish every day!

And thank you so much for the soup recipes...I can't wait to try them. The butternut soup is on the menu this month. :)

Mama Ilse  – (February 11, 2010 at 12:22 PM)  

I think king winter is a little cofused this year, we had snow , ice and frost since the week before christmas, to be honest, we are a little sick of it all. so I will send king winter over to you.
Be prepared for this blizzerd ;-)

Anonymous –   – (February 11, 2010 at 1:44 PM)  

My ten year old keeps telling me she'd gladly send all the snow up north - minus a foot of it. We have been housebound for many days due to snow and winds! Today is the first day of sun, so out we go. Good luck with your letter, hope it works!

Kirsten

Nicole  – (February 11, 2010 at 2:25 PM)  

We moved to Central Vermont from Chittenden county over the summer and thought our winter would include much more snow. We have been slightly disappointed this winter.

Nicola  – (February 12, 2010 at 10:06 AM)  

From our perspective (Canada), it would be nice if he could blow his snow South to you! Not that we're not enjoying our feet of snow...

Penny  – (February 12, 2010 at 2:28 PM)  

I second the motion! We'd love some up in northern VT as well!

Nicole Vangen  – (February 12, 2010 at 3:09 PM)  

Has King Winter been drinking? LOL.
He just dump over two feet here in Pennsylvania.

Love your letter, your attitude, your blog.

Anonymous –   – (February 12, 2010 at 7:10 PM)  

Indeed! I think all of us are asking King Winter the same thing. You really can't enjoy the mud without the tons of snow! I think we got a bit cheated out of our snow this year. :/

Unknown  – (February 12, 2010 at 11:36 PM)  

Hi there (I don't know where else to put this...)

Please accept this little award for your blog. I enjoy it very much! I was nominated a few days ago, and I would like to nominate you now! THANKS!

(The picture will be posted on my blog in the morning)

The rules for this award are as followed:
• Thank the person who kindly passed this to you, and link your award back to them.
• List 7 things about yourself.
• Pass it on to 15 blogs that deserve a Beautiful Blogger Award and let them know they earned this award.

Lisa Anne  – (February 14, 2010 at 1:54 PM)  

Well, we finally got some snow but not the amount that everyone south of us has had. It has been a strange winter, but some very nice sunny days to chase away the blahs!

Susan  – (February 16, 2010 at 4:30 PM)  

Yes! Add my signature to that letter!

Today it is wonderfully snowy (finally!). I just hope that it will stay cold enough to last a few days so that we can get out and play in it.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP