Light the Advent Candle One

On this first Sunday in Advent we collected greens and branches for the school's Winter Fair,

we worked on secret gifts (sniff, the sewing machine died),

and we made a new Advent candle holder--we can't decide if it looks like a cool, woodsy candle holder or a giant claw.


Light the Advent candle one,
now the waiting has begun.

We have started on our way,
time to think of Christmas Day.

Candle, candle burning bright,
shining in the cold winter night.

Candle, candle burning bright,
fill our hearts with Christmas light.


Tammy  – (November 29, 2009 at 8:56 PM)  

Oh I think the candle is VERY cool! :)

sarah  – (November 29, 2009 at 9:31 PM)  

many blessings to you at this beautiful time.

Suse  – (December 1, 2009 at 6:29 AM)  

It looks both folksy and like a giant hand, gently cradling the light of Advent.

(Does that help?)

Dawn  – (December 1, 2009 at 5:12 PM)  

Do you have the fourth verse to "Light the Advent Candle"? My daughter has been looking for it. She was happily suprised when I started singing it from your post.

dawn klinge  – (December 1, 2009 at 9:53 PM)  

That is a very cool candle holder! I wish you all the best throughout the holiday season.

Apron Thrift Girl  – (December 2, 2009 at 9:15 AM)  

I have been searching and searching for my advent ring. We may have to make something up this year. I think yours is beautiful, not at all like a giant claw.

RunninL8  – (December 4, 2009 at 10:54 AM)  

I lOVE the candle holder! I see what you mean, though!
I'm so sorry for your loss. Hopefully Santa will bring a new one-or his elves will fix it!
LOVE your header!

gardenmama  – (December 7, 2009 at 1:04 AM)  

I like the coziness of your new banner, such a beautiful candle holder! There is lots of hand sewing in our home as our sewing machine broke as well : (

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP