An afternoon on the river

I spent the afternoon on the banks of the Connecticut today.

I stopped for tomatoes--tomorrow, I'll be making sauce to freeze.

I stopped for some beef and corn and put my money in an honesty can. Drove away.

I sat in my chair by the cattails and read my book...
Their Eyes Were Watching God

(my river spot so different from the southern swamps).

I was waiting for some adventurers. I heard them before I saw them.

Helen and her class arrived by canoe after two days on the river.
They were all so happy and had grown so much.

I, too, felt renewed by these waters.

Lisa Anne  – (September 19, 2009 at 10:12 AM)  

Gorgeous day, what a great way for Hels' class to start the school year. I am sure they will be having many adventures together this year, do they have a big 8th grade trip planned for the end of the year?

Tammy  – (September 20, 2009 at 9:43 PM)  

A very pretty post...thank you so much for sharing it.

I just wanted to say how much I enjoy your blog...it's always such a treat to visit here. :)

Anonymous –   – (September 21, 2009 at 1:21 PM)  

wow! I loved your post today!
Rosaleen
xx

dawn klinge  – (September 21, 2009 at 10:23 PM)  

What a wonderful day. These are such beautiful photos.

Angela  – (September 22, 2009 at 6:43 AM)  

What a beautiful day! You have me longing for the lake!!!

gardenmama  – (September 22, 2009 at 10:21 PM)  

I feel so relaxed after just reading your post! Such beauty in your photos! I love the 'honesty' cans around here too, most farms here seem to have them. Just beautiful.

denise  – (September 23, 2009 at 11:40 PM)  

Wow - they can advertise raw milk right out on a sign there?? Sweeeeeeet!

Lovely photos...

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP