Year-End Handwork

Hels spent much of the spring making this jester's cap as part of the Renaissance theme.

Lou fell in love with it and declared: "this is so cool--I'm going to wear it every day of 8th grade!"

Lou enjoyed cross stitch this year. Here is a pin cushion she made me.

Here are all the pencil cases made by her class. Aren't they lovely?

Finally, here's a bench the 8th grade made as a gift for the school. Each back has a different scene sculpted into it. My favorite is a snail with the earth sculpted into its shell. I couldn't show it to you because someone was sitting on it.

Tammy  – (June 8, 2009 at 9:46 AM)  

Such beautiful detail on all of the items. I love that they have individual projects as well as class projects.

Anonymous –   – (June 8, 2009 at 4:25 PM)  

Beautiful work! I love that picture of Lou.

sarah  – (June 8, 2009 at 4:41 PM)  

It always amazes me how beautiful and practical Waldorf handwork is. Gorgeous pictures.

gardenmama  – (June 8, 2009 at 5:38 PM)  

Very impressive! Gorgeous work of the hands!
(Love the picture of Lou) : )

dawn klinge  – (June 8, 2009 at 6:35 PM)  

Is Lou a little "jester" in real life? She's so cute. That is all such beautiful work the students did.

Cadi  – (June 8, 2009 at 9:36 PM)  

Funny. Nathan made a pencil case & pincushion, too. Will post once I get camera batteries. I always love looking at their work... This year on our end Noah brought home his clay bust. Funny. :-)

Crescent Moon  – (June 8, 2009 at 10:20 PM)  

I really like the jester's hat. Nice work!

Lisa Anne  – (June 9, 2009 at 6:58 AM)  

Lovely handwork, that picture of Lou is just SO her. Thanks for sharing all these great end of the year projects. Can't wait to see what you get up to this summer, enjoy!

Ilse  – (June 9, 2009 at 7:41 AM)  

What beautiful works of art !!

Andria  – (June 10, 2009 at 9:43 AM)  

I saw your comment on MommyCoddle and was wondering if you have heard of Pomona's Pectin for jam making. The jelling is from the calcium water (included) and not all the extra sugar. I like that you can use honey! Hope this helps!

Anonymous –   – (June 11, 2009 at 2:46 AM)  

What great work! Your girls certainly have talented fingers! It seems so funny to me that June heralds the end of the school year for you guys! (but I agree that Summer is a great time for a big break from formal schooling :-))Happy Holidays

Maribeth  – (June 12, 2009 at 9:47 PM)  

What could be better than learning how to MAKE things!

molly | mommycoddle.com  – (June 13, 2009 at 8:41 AM)  

you need to stop by my blog...you won something! :)

Josephine jrussotara@yahoo.com –   – (June 26, 2009 at 10:10 PM)  

Great handwork! Who is their handwork teacher? I would like my 4th graders to make the pencil cases!
Josephine

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP