Rainy Day Journaling

Nan, at Letters from a Hill Farm, recently shared a beautiful Mary Oliver poem about rain. We spent a couple of hours today exploring the poem in our journals.



Some of our journal inspirations come from A Trail through Leaves and 1,000 Artist Journal Pages.

What else for a rainy day?

A summer quiche

A flourishing garden.

....and a movie. We're actually having a bit of a struggle settling into summer. It's such a transition. How to balance working at home, children at home? Getting exercise. Staying away from too much media? Tricky stuff.

Pussnae  – (June 19, 2009 at 2:18 PM)  

What a beautiful journal entry! The quiche looks yummy. We're having an interesting transition into summer too. I think the kids were actually a little more content while they were homeschooling! My daughter is enjoying doing lots of reading but they expect kids to be around all the time to play with and when they're not, they're disappointed. All this rain hasn't helped! The sun is just peaking out now-woo hoo!!!

sarah  – (June 19, 2009 at 5:06 PM)  

What beautiful journal pages! And that quiche looks good enough to eat ;-)

We don't do the summer holiday thing for very long, we like our routine too much.

ellen  – (June 19, 2009 at 7:35 PM)  

The quiche looks so yummy and Mary Oliver is a lovely inspiration, isn't she?

Anonymous –   – (June 19, 2009 at 8:18 PM)  

I hear you on the transition. We have just completed our first week of summer break.. trying to clean up, get some summer projects done, catch up from the work year, and prep a new course while being mom and enjoying the break. I have found myself floundering from one thing to another. Balance is such a delicate task.

Lisa Anne  – (June 20, 2009 at 9:53 AM)  

Beautiful journals!
We have had so much rain here too! More on its way all weekend. I have been able to get more done in the house, but find myself on the computer a bit more. We watched "enchanted April" last night just because we felt there was nothing else to do, we are feeling drained/blue from all this rain.

dawn klinge  – (June 21, 2009 at 10:53 AM)  

Settling into the summer routine is always a bit of a transition at my house as well. Your journals are so pretty...what a fun way to explore poetry!

Commonweeder  – (June 25, 2009 at 8:35 AM)  

My children are starting to celebrate 50th birthdays! But you have such a beautiful blog. I love visiting here.

Brimful Curiosities  – (July 8, 2009 at 11:20 PM)  

I'm not sure how I stumbled here, but I'm glad I did. Very interesting blog.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP