Happy Trees

I have recently received 2 awards: "The Tree of Happiness" award from over at The Magic Onions and the Lemonade award from Natural Suburbia. Thank you for thinking of me! Nothing makes me feel more rooted (or happy) than going out for a walk, so I went off in search of some signs of spring.

I love this first photo because the tree shadows show how STRONG the March sun is. The sun, streaming into my house, is making me very happy these days (even if it's only 6F outside!).

Another sign of spring--the snow edging away from the base of the trees. Warmth is getting to those roots, slowly but surely.

The top of this stone wall is starting to peek out from the snow. There is a regular highway of animal tracks on top and alongside this wall--everything from mice to deer. I think we'll put out some cracked corn today. I'm sure they are all hungry.


Finally, the tree that brings me the most happiness--a sign of warm, sweet days to come.


I'm a bit overwhelmed at choosing blogs to pass on these awards. I'm choosing just two whose old fashioned photos have recently been giving me ideas of ways to feel more "rooted" and happy.

Miss VanDroo
--I've been loving her morning/afternoon/evening series of daily life
Blueberry Cottage's Teatime with Beatrix Potter--I want to start serving tea every day!

To be honest, I really don't feel like I deserve any awards--I've been pretty quiet on the blog these days. In order to pick up the habit again and to stop life from slipping by quite so fast, I'm launching a new project for the rest of March called "dailyness." I'll start tomorrow~maybe by the time I finish, it will be spring! Here's an early spring bouquet for you~

Tammy  – (March 6, 2009 at 9:12 AM)  

Well I know I love your blog and think you deserve these awards! I'm so glad they were passed on to you.

Have a fun weekend with your family, as I'm sure you will. :)

Again, congrats!

Anonymous –   – (March 6, 2009 at 9:41 AM)  

It's so interesting to see how spring is creeping into your life... Amazing that the roots of that tree get warm enough to melt the snow around them.

dawn klinge  – (March 6, 2009 at 10:02 AM)  

Your are most definitely deserving of these awards. It's o.k. to be quiet once in awhile, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you post in your dailiness series.
I loved seeing your photos....so pretty!

Anonymous –   – (March 6, 2009 at 10:30 AM)  

Definitely you deserve the awards! I enjoy your blog and am looking forward to your *Dailyness* series.
Thanks for awarding me too!!

Joy  – (March 6, 2009 at 10:44 AM)  

Congrats on your award! The signs of spring photos are lovely. Slowly but surely more signs are appearing.

sarah  – (March 6, 2009 at 2:31 PM)  

What beautiful photos. I am so much looking forward to your new series. Your days seem to be so beautiful.

Anonymous –   – (March 6, 2009 at 4:31 PM)  

I think you are deserving. To be honest, I enjoy blogs that don't post everyday. It gives me time to catch up, read and savor. That said, I am sure I will enjoy your daily musings.

Another great thing about passing on awards is finding new gems. Blueberry Cottage looks so wonderful. Appley Dappely is one of our favorites. Just yesterday, I finished a sentence Cate started with "all charming for mice." At the time, it irritated her but I know how much she loves the book.

RunninL8  – (March 6, 2009 at 5:46 PM)  

CONGRATS!
I miss watching my BFF'd dad tap all the trees in our neighborhood and make maple syrup.
Ah, bygone days...

Suzanne  – (March 7, 2009 at 7:48 AM)  

Well, I am honored to be given a little award, especially from
you:-) Thanks so much! We really love the ritual of teatime.

Anonymous –   – (March 7, 2009 at 9:01 AM)  

Thanks for sharing your signs of Spring. I've been needing a reminder that Spring is indeed coming - the kids and I have been stuck in the house with the flu for over a week and now we've also caught cabin fever. We need a good airing out.
*****************
My brother just set his taps for sugaring this week! We are looking forward to giving him a hand when we feel better. THAT will surely lift our spirits toward a new season.

Anonymous –   – (March 9, 2009 at 6:48 PM)  

I'm sure I've noticed the snow rings around trees before but never considered the reason. Thanks for sharing the happiness.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP