Snow Day Plans

For the most part, winter storms make me very happy. Snow days home from school are like a little gift of time dropped in our laps. I've been preparing for tomorrow's storm by getting lots of my work done so I'm free to enjoy this gift of time.








I keep a number of craft supplies on hand just for snow days such as....

Ivory snow flakes to make these fun little guys. Directions are at Family Fun.










Borax for growing snow flakes.















Fiberfill for Lou's current passion of sewing big pillows.







And flour for my current passion of baking bread.


So...bring on the snow!!

dawn klinge  – (January 27, 2009 at 6:36 PM)  

It looks like you're all set for the big snowstorm. ;) Those little snowmen are cute!

Jennifer  – (January 27, 2009 at 7:20 PM)  

Even though we THINK it is cold here (at 53 F), it is fun to see a real storm brewing. I'm going to be doing a snow day in the coming weeks - borax is on the ready, as is white paper for snowflakes - but must get myself some ivory flakes for the snowmen! I'm inspired!

Anonymous –   – (January 27, 2009 at 8:50 PM)  

Snow days sound fun... makes me wish we had them here! We'll have to have a pretend snow day soon.

Tammy  – (January 27, 2009 at 9:00 PM)  

We are enjoying our snow and cold here too. It kind of just brings the whole family together, doesn't it? :)

Anonymous –   – (January 28, 2009 at 1:01 AM)  

You are such a good sport. We had a light dusting of snow this morning. My five year old said to daddy "mommy is not going to be happy." I had to laugh at how well she knows me.

Enjoy.

Lisa Anne  – (January 29, 2009 at 9:10 AM)  

We got hit by the big snow, Amelia is out of town so she is not here to enjoy it with. All the snow is beautiful but it makes chore time a lot harder.

Anonymous –   – (January 31, 2009 at 10:41 AM)  

I am curious what cook book is with the flour in the baking bread picture. I spend way too much time looking through cook books, although it helps save the fiction books for later I suppose. :-)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP