Hooked on you award


Many thanks to Angela for the Hooked on You award. According to the rules I need to share 6 things that are making me happy and connect to 5 blogs I'm hooked on. So, here you go!



Snow Days--like today! I plan to work for a couple of hours this morning but then I want to enjoy this day.


My work. I love my job. I enjoy everything about it which includes the opportunity to dig into really interesting archives, the time to be creative with what I find, the chance to travel all over the country with a neat group of people and, most importantly, the flexibility to be with my family when they need me....like today!

Although primitive by today's standards and getting a little feeble, I love my Grandmother's sewing machine. It's nearly 50 years old and still running (sort of). We'll be putting it to the test today.


The legacies of my 4 grandmothers--a love of words and libraries, daily homemade bread, a love of games, a love of heritage, an appreciation and desire to make quilts, and so much more. This little pincushion belonged to one of them.



















Our children's Waldorf education. While it hasn't been without its stress at times, it has enriched our family life immeasurably and I am so grateful for it.















Saying "goodnight" to our President and Vice President. Ah. That makes me very happy. We watched the inauguration at a local pub. I was so glad to be with friends and a (warm) crowd. I have such hope. I keep thinking if all these millions of people around the world have such hope, that this much good energy alone will help to create change.

nighty night.


Now 5 blogs that I'm hooked on. It's hard to choose...

I'm really enjoying Heather's morning, noon, and night series.
Grace's near:far series.
2 newish blogs to me: House on Hill road and The Little Travelers
and Lovely World --someone who knows my world first-hand!

dawn klinge  – (January 28, 2009 at 9:54 AM)  

It was fun to read about the things you love. That little drawing illustrating length is so cute. Enjoy your snow day.

Penny  – (January 28, 2009 at 10:35 AM)  

Sweet post, and then Dick Cheney - that's just plain hysterical! Thanks for my daily guffaw :)

Penny

Grace  – (January 28, 2009 at 11:39 AM)  

What a great list of things to be thankful for!

And *thank you* for including near:far. I'm thankful for that!

xoxox

sarah  – (January 28, 2009 at 2:51 PM)  

Beautiful list. And great links!

Lisa Anne  – (January 29, 2009 at 9:12 AM)  

So much to feel happy about, your family is blessed. I know my life goes much smoother if I stay focused on the things that I am grateful for.

Anonymous –   – (January 29, 2009 at 10:09 AM)  

So sweet that you included me in your list! Thank you. Yes, it is amazing how much there is to be thankful for when we take a moment to simply notice.

And I have to ask - is that "goodnight" Dick Cheney illustration a stand-alone, or is there a whole book putting the Bush administration to sleep?

Sarah  – (January 29, 2009 at 11:11 AM)  

The Goodnight Cheney came from the book "Goodnight Bush"
http://www.amazon.com/Goodnight-Bush-Parody-Gan-Golan/dp/031604041X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233245169&sr=8-1

Tammy  – (January 29, 2009 at 11:51 AM)  

This was nice to read, nice to focus on the good in life. I really loved reading this, especially the part about the legacies left by your grandmothers...

Mrs. Darling  – (January 29, 2009 at 3:55 PM)  

Oh I love the things you remember and have gotten from your grandma. It inspires me to be that kind of grandma to my grandkids.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP