A New Skirt

Hels has been hunting for a skirt to wear to the upcoming Thanksgiving assembly and on turkey day. After looking at all the short, flimsy skirts available in the stores, she decided to make one herself.


Thursdays are short days at school, so today was sewing day.


Ta Da! Much nicer than anything in the stores. It's made from a very soft suede. It's long. It's warm. It's comfy. Sniff. It's the first piece of clothing she's ever made. Didn't she do a nice job?

Suzanne  – (November 20, 2008 at 4:36 PM)  

Great job and so much prettier and classy than what passes for clothing in the stores:-)

Lisa Anne  – (November 20, 2008 at 5:10 PM)  

Wow! That is really cool fabric, what a great sense of accomplishment she must have. I think it is really great that she decided to make one, instead of buying one.

Tammy  – (November 20, 2008 at 6:13 PM)  

"Good on you" Hels! Looks great. :)

dawn klinge  – (November 20, 2008 at 8:58 PM)  

What a wonderful skill for Hels to have. She did a fantastic job!

sarah  – (November 20, 2008 at 9:44 PM)  

Well done Hels! It looks beautiful.

Anonymous –   – (November 20, 2008 at 10:50 PM)  

Go, Hels! It's true, so much of the stuff in stores is just icky. And do they not think it's winter there or something?

Lisa Anne  – (November 21, 2008 at 6:58 AM)  

(Sarah, I will post a tutorial on making the lanterns on Sunday or Monday:)

Angela  – (November 21, 2008 at 6:59 AM)  

How wonderful! She did a lovely job, making something fashionable and practical. I must be doing something wrong...as when mine faces the same dilemna she just turns to me to make it. Gotta learn to pass the buck...

Anonymous –   – (November 21, 2008 at 9:00 AM)  

Wonderful! Great sewing, Hels! It's the best way I know of to get exactly what you want. :o)

* *  – (November 21, 2008 at 12:33 PM)  

It is so nice to read about your girls doing things for themselves or being involved with the "work" of the family like chopping wood etc. I try to show my little children that we can make our own food, clothing, toys from things we already have and do not need to buy everything from the store, it is nice to see your older girls accomplishing these things! Beautiful job Hels!

Anonymous –   – (November 22, 2008 at 12:31 PM)  

Greetings from Sweden. Super Skirt! Well Done Hels. I remember the first skirt I ever made back...mmm probably 20 years ago now. I was so very proud of myself. I still have it. :) It is worn out and rather tatty but it is my 'treasures box and it still makes me smile when I see it.

Anonymous –   – (November 22, 2008 at 8:12 PM)  

I love the fabric and the length. I have always found longer skirts more comfortable, you don't have to worry so much about how you sit and such!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP