Hurrah for the Pumpkin Pie!

Well, we can't say "Hurrah" just yet. Last year Hels made the pumpkin pie and forgot all the spices. It was just a tad....bland. Last night, remembering this fact, she added EXTRA spices when making the pie. We had a little preview taste of the extra custard that she had baked. HOLY COW. It was spicy.


My sweet brother is running her down to the grocery to pick up some more pumpkin so she can try one more time before the turkey goes in the oven. It's important. This is a pumpkin pie-loving family.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous –   – (November 27, 2008 at 7:35 AM)  

Aww...sounds like it just needs extra whipped cream! Have a happy day! You should tell her my fil once made cornbread and forgot the dry ingredients...yes, I don't see how that happened either!

Anonymous –   – (November 27, 2008 at 7:43 AM)  

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and good luck with the pie! They can be tricky, I know...
I love the new banner!!!

Lisa Anne  – (November 27, 2008 at 7:44 AM)  

I was just going to say, just add some extra whipped cream!! I think after being a pastry chef for several years and making many fancy desserts there is nothing as good and comforting as pumpkin pie. Have a great day!! I just put a large pumpkin in the oven to make my pies later today.

Jennifer  – (November 27, 2008 at 9:59 AM)  

Hurrah for the family that encourages re-peat performances! In my "trying to be super-vegetarian" days, I made a tofu pumpkin pie, and it looked so awful I compensated with plenty of spices. Thank goodness I also made a cranberry pucker pie...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and to yours!

Anonymous –   – (November 27, 2008 at 10:37 AM)  

We too love pumpkin pie. I tried to make one a month ago with a gluten free crust and it was disgusting. I had to bit my lip and pay $7.50 for a frozen gf one that at least will taste delicious. I can't imagine Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie though. Have a wonderful, warm and thankful, Thanksgiving.

Anonymous –   – (November 30, 2008 at 12:25 AM)  

Well, that's a learning experience :)
Just put on a big glob of vanilla ice cream to cut the spiciness!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP