day in my life


Friday was the 14th and time for Jenny Wren's day in my life post.



After getting the girls off to school, I came home to start the laundry, tidy the living room, and start supper in the crock pot.










I then retreated to my office for a very busy morning. I was trying to get ready for an afternoon class, finish preparing for a teacher field trip to Lexington and Concord on Tuesday, and wrap up a power point for a presentation in New York. Lunch was a bowl of soup at my desk. Lots of emails and phone calls as well about family Thanksgiving and our upcoming school Winter Fair. Truly a multi-tasking morning.


After lunch I took a group of 8th-grade students to our local cemetery. Their task was to find a Civil War soldier and gather information about him.

Later they will be researching the soldier's life--the family and community he left behind and the battles he fought. The kids seemed to really enjoy it.



I was a little stressed because I had lost my cheat sheet of where all the gravestones were. Luckily every student found his or her soldier.


After the class I dropped off a bunch of packages at the post office--Caps to Cap Haitien, a package to a certain blogger, and other work stuff.


I went to school and sat through an after school group violin lesson. After we got home the girls settled in for "Friday afternoon at the movies" and I did some tidying. No time for housework this weekend. We're chopping wood.

Dinner from the crock pot was delicious.

We spent a quiet evening reading our books. Hels and I are both reading books about Queen Elizabeth and are quite engrossed. Hels--The Redheaded Princess and me--The Lady Elizabeth. It's been fun to compare notes.

That's a day in my life for November!

Anonymous –   – (November 16, 2008 at 8:50 AM)  

sounds like a great day...and i love the new banner!
a

Lisa Anne  – (November 16, 2008 at 10:10 AM)  

What a busy day! I love the color of your bedroom walls and the big windows. It was rainy(although very warm)here all day yesterday not a very good day for chopping wood, I hope you had a better day for it.
I like the new needle-felted header.

Tammy  – (November 16, 2008 at 11:00 AM)  

I love posts like this...everyday posts that really show what a family is up to.

Katie is reading The Redheaded Princess, too, thanks to your recommendation! :)

dawn klinge  – (November 16, 2008 at 11:01 AM)  

That last photo of your bedroom is so beautiful. I like that idea of picking a Civil War soldier and then researching his life.

Anonymous –   – (November 16, 2008 at 1:56 PM)  

God bless crockpots :-)
Sounds like a busy but very good day.

Anonymous –   – (November 16, 2008 at 3:03 PM)  

i loved following along with your day! you get sooo much done, wow. and i agree with the others, your bedroom is so very pretty. have a great week ahead!
heather
beautythatmoves

denise  – (November 16, 2008 at 11:48 PM)  

Sounds like a nice busy day! I love the peeks into daily life.

Suzanne  – (November 17, 2008 at 8:09 AM)  

A busy but productive and fun day. I love your idea about the research in the graveyard. I absolutely adore the oldest parts of the graveyards and love visiting different ones. My husband indulges me whenever on rides:-)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP