Island Contraband


I had worked hard to keep the packing to a compact minimum--we have to lug everything down a dock, across the water, over the beach, and up a steep hill. Imagine my surprise when "Flip and Flop" made their appearance on Lou's feet!

Lou had quite a few other things tucked away in her bag. Seven stuffies (at least they were small) two extra books, a travel clock, and her meditation balls. It reminded me of this funny collection found when packing for Florida last April.


Lou's favorite part of the island may have been her bunk. She settled right in with all her island contraband and had a very snuggly time. I think there's something special about having just a few of your most favorite things with you. Really, less is more!

dawn klinge  – (August 18, 2008 at 10:55 PM)  

That's so cute. :) She's made a little place of her own there on the island.

Anonymous –   – (August 19, 2008 at 12:11 AM)  

Lou is just adorable! She reminds me so much of my own 10 year old daughter. Your time at the island sounds heavenly, thank you for sharing, it gave me a bit of a vacation as well.

Anonymous –   – (August 19, 2008 at 4:10 PM)  

haha, flip and flop sure wanted to see the island !!

thanks for your mail, i didn't even know seaglass excisted. Wauw, it is so beautifull.

And I'm sure my boys will love playing the game (they are not so little anymore, time flies. One is 7 and the other is (almost) 9 !

RunninL8  – (August 19, 2008 at 8:10 PM)  

I absolutly LOVE Maine. Your little island is amazing! Thanks for sharing your games!!! Now I know what to do with the smooth white rocks we picked up at the Jersey shore!
Hey, and is that SEA GLASS?!?!?!? It's so hard to find these days!!!

Tammy  – (August 19, 2008 at 11:15 PM)  

Hee Hee. Look at the smile on Lou's face.....I love it! ;)

By the way, thanks for the tip on the book, Spindles End. Edge? lol.....can't remember. Anyway, I checked it out for Emily, and she read it in a couple of days and loved it!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP