A Something in a Summer's Day: 4


This summer day was slipping away with all of us doing our own thing until Hels asked me to play a game. Scrabble is the favorite game this summer.

Lou and friend joined us and we ended up on the porch playing games for the last hours of the afternoon. We sang along lustily to the Godspell soundtrack (we just saw the show) and enjoyed the rain from inside.

We ended the afternoon with Skip-Bo which was last summer's favorite game. We want to learn Settlers of Catan, but can't figure it out! What's your favorite game for a summer afternoon?

Lisa Anne  – (July 22, 2008 at 9:33 AM)  

Pulling Weeds! Well, I tell my daughter it's a game...she's not buying it.

denise  – (July 22, 2008 at 9:40 AM)  

Oh, it will be fun when my boys are older and we can play games like scrabble. For now that is a late night game my husband and I play every few months.

Right now we are playing wildflower bingo, the picnic game, and jenga. They started also making up their own card games...lots of fun. :)

Anonymous –   – (July 22, 2008 at 11:12 AM)  

You'll have to get Tom to explain Settlers to you - he and the boys love it.

Angela  – (July 22, 2008 at 1:25 PM)  

That sounds like a delightful way to spend a summer day! So glad to hear you are all taking time to relax together!

dawn klinge  – (July 22, 2008 at 2:57 PM)  

I've been playing Life with my daughter, and my son loves to play Candyland. Scrabble is a favorite after the little one goes to bed.

Jennifer  – (July 23, 2008 at 7:08 PM)  

We love scrabble (though we'll play "pick four" when the mood for speed strikes), and we love Settlers...

This year we are playing a bunch of "hand and foot" and I hope to find something simpler to engage my non-reading six year old (I'm afraid I've played all I can of Chutes and Ladders)...

Anonymous –   – (July 24, 2008 at 4:56 PM)  

Oh I need to do this with my daughters! Maybe pull out Monopoly or something.

woolladyfelter  – (July 25, 2008 at 3:05 PM)  

I tell you I wish my Mom had played Scrabble with me - I can't spell worth a ....

Tara  – (July 27, 2008 at 1:15 PM)  

We're not huge game players, but Tess and I enjoy Xeko and we can even get Jeff to join in a game of Loot now and then. I'm hoping we can all learn to play poker this winter.

rae  – (July 27, 2008 at 8:56 PM)  

I've come to visit for the first time, and can hardly wait until I have more time to come back and stay awhile. What a lovely family!

We played a grudge match Uno game today, that left the mama in a bad way. With a five yo and eight yo, our game playing is limited, but fun nonetheless.

Lisa [strickerin]  – (July 28, 2008 at 5:45 AM)  

I have really enjoyed following your summer. What wonderful long days.

Tammy  – (July 30, 2008 at 5:51 PM)  

Oh, we love Skip-Bo, too. Monopoly, Sorry, and Life are lots of fun for us as well.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP