Summer Woodworking Projects

Lou is our project girl. She constructs all sorts of things out of big boxes, duct tape, wood, cardboard tubes, you name it.

Yesterday she decided that she needed a real, wood bunk bed for her doll Kit. She had measured her doll, determined what size the bed needed to be, and approached her father for help.



After a few hours, Lou had a bunkbed. It needs one more coat of paint and then it will be time to start the sewing because of course it needs mattresses, pillows, etc. She'll be busy for awhile!

It meant Helen got a break from helping her Dad with this....our new shed/barn that they are building pretty much themselves (with the help of some friends and neighbors now and then).

Suzanne  – (July 28, 2008 at 8:16 AM)  

Great job! I would be excited about the sewing. I made one for my girls too and what fun:-)

Anonymous –   – (July 28, 2008 at 8:26 AM)  

oh i love it! and a barn too? you are such a creative/productive family... i still think about the beautiful handmade music stand. ;)

heather
beautythatmoves

Anonymous –   – (July 28, 2008 at 9:10 AM)  

Great projects! My son is a tinkerer, too. He's always begging for more tools!

dawn klinge  – (July 28, 2008 at 9:46 AM)  

Lou did a great job on that doll bed.

Tara  – (July 28, 2008 at 9:18 PM)  

I always love to see an older girl doing projects with her Dad. In your case it's x 2! I think that relationship becomes even more important as girls move into the teen years. Can't wait to see the pillows and coverlets you sew. I'm sure the dolls will be happy to be snug and warm come wintertime!

Angela  – (July 29, 2008 at 7:58 AM)  

I love all of the projects you guys work on. I want to come to your house for a vacation :)

Lisa Anne  – (July 29, 2008 at 12:59 PM)  

It is so great that you are providing these experiences for your girls. I love the little barn they are building.

Anonymous –   – (July 29, 2008 at 4:48 PM)  

She is a girl after my own heart! I have fond memories of making a dollhouse bed with dad when I was about her age. I still have the little bed. I was allowed free use of any wood in the scrap pile.

I would have also loved the sewing part. Great stuff!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP