A Little Crafting


May has brought festivals, recitals, plays, ceremonies, and birthdays. What a flurry. Lou and I sat down on Sunday for a little crafting. It felt so good. She and I made this little cottage together--a perfect craft for 3rd grade. They are building a tree house at school right now as part of their "Shelter" block. The idea came from Ilse who got it from Molly Chicken.

I wanted to add little gardens along the bottom and more decorations, but Lou was too excited to spend much more time on it. You see, it was to be a home for Monkey and she needed to get in it right away :) I think we'll be making more.


She also whipped up this bag. It's a spy bag and holds everything for her spy kit.

Tara  – (May 20, 2008 at 10:29 AM)  

We've had no time for crafting and I miss it. Thanks for letting us peek into your craft world while we take a break. I love the little house.

Lisa Anne  – (May 20, 2008 at 11:20 AM)  

A spy bag! Yes, AMelia had one when she was in 2nd/3rd grade to, she even had her very own badge/secret agent card.
Great crafts, I would love to have some quiet afternoon again to make things, there is always next winter!

dawn klinge  – (May 20, 2008 at 2:25 PM)  

We haven't been crafting much lately either. I think I'll show my daughter this post and see if she wants to give either project a try- they both are so cute.

Anonymous –   – (May 20, 2008 at 2:56 PM)  

What a sweet little house! I've been meaning to make something like that to go along with the farm play mat I made last year. After I finish all my other projects, I suppose... And that is a very nice spy bag. It's very important to have a place for all your most crucial stuff :)

sarah  – (May 20, 2008 at 5:27 PM)  

That little house is so adorable. I absolutely must make one with Rose this week!

Lisa  – (May 21, 2008 at 6:05 PM)  

Great craft work - well done. H has really enjoyed the buildings and shelters block.

Sasparilla Sue  – (May 23, 2008 at 12:21 PM)  

That spy bag is sooo cute!! And it's great to see that there are kids out there doing something other than playing video games.

I think I want a spy bag...is 34 too old to have a spy bag?

Michelle  – (May 23, 2008 at 10:05 PM)  

Your craft ideas are wonderful. I may try this one too.

Lisa [strickerin]  – (May 26, 2008 at 12:38 PM)  

Such beautiful work. The bag is inspired. Hope Lou has a great time spying.

Anonymous –   – (May 27, 2008 at 7:31 AM)  

ooh your house is so sweet and it even has somebody living inside !!

I LOVE the spy bag, happy spytime

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Tutorial: needle-felted figures

tutorial: Balloon Lanterns

tutorial: neede-felted advent spiral

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP